+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yanks 0 Our Pants Down 0

Yanks 0 Our Pants Down 0

When your team gets down on its knee at the start of the match and the USA are stood watching you wonder just what the f**k is going on. 90 minutes of dross later you are absolutely none the wiser. My granddaughter asked pre match if we would beat the cousins and I said it would end 1-1. I was obviously being wildly optimistic because we didn’t by all accounts even deserve the draw. We will I think beat Wales and top the group. With a slice of luck we may even get to the Semi Finals again.

My three grandsons came for tea last night and insisted we watch the game. The youngest one who is a sharp as a tack 6-year-old asked why the black American players chose not to take the knee because he thought the English players do so because a black American got killed by the nasty white American police.
    My eldest one who is 13 years old said it's because Southgate is a moron and does not have a clue what he's going on about.
    I said nothing, because sometimes that's the best thing to do.
    England were bloody awful by the way, and we all ended up having a rather raucous game of snakes and ladders while the game tapered out into a goalless draw.
    The six-year-old ended the evening by claiming Burnley would win the World Cup if we had been allowed to enter it.

One truly amazing aspect of this abysmal game (from an England fan's point of view) was the referee. He was totally 100% faultless.

How I wish there were more like him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    My three grandsons came for tea last night and insisted we watch the game. The youngest one who is a sharp as a tack 6-year-old asked why the black American players chose not to take the knee because he thought the English players do so because a black American got killed by the nasty white American police.
    Psalms 8.2 "Out of the mouths of babes and sucklings....."

I said nothing, because sometimes that's the best thing to do.
    That doesn't sound like you mon ami, were you not well ?

One truly amazing aspect of this abysmal game (from an England fan's point of view) was the referee. He was totally 100% faultless.

How I wish there were more like him.
    He was indeed excellent, but I did think maybe he got lucky landing this game, England and USA, while certainly not above any nonsense, are two of the least likely teams at the WC to indulge in cheating and histrionics, especially with England in full sleepwalking mode, they hardly had a tackle in them, never mind a dirty one.

I thought Pougatch on ITV put our participation into context before the game, after discussing the game with the muppets he then said, 'And now onto something more serious', what could this be I thought, more serious than the football at the football World Cup Finals, I should have known, straight into discussing why our millionaire virtual signallers should have worn their armbands.

And that's the mentality of the media covering the event, and our players actually playing in it, and when you don't concentrate 100% on the job in hand, it can happen that you don't do that job very well.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    That doesn't sound like you mon ami, were you not well ?
    I don't want them ending up like me sinkov, constantly whinging infantile lefty nonsense.

Best ref I've seen for ages.

I thought that was a very poor performance from England.

You grandchildren are perfectly right BT, Southgate and the entire team looked stupid taking the knee especially as the Americans just watched them. Perhaps the taking of the knee was not for BLM but as a sign we were ready to surrender the game to them.

Southgate needed to make substitutions much earlier and why he did not take off Kane I do not understand, what good is a striker who is on the halfway line while his wingers are approaching the opposition penalty area.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)