+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Firemen are misogynistic and racist report finds.

Angry Firemen are misogynistic and racist report finds.

A report some 25 years ago came to the same conclusion, it was utter rubbish then and I don't doubt it's utter rubbish now. Some of the incidents are just laughable, at least they are to me with experience of how Lancs is run, maybe London is different, but if it is and there's any truth in those stories then the entire management team should be sacked, and not only sacked but prosecuted, those incidents are not just racist or misogynist, they're illegal.

So, lets say to appease the Woke BBC etc they go ahead and sack the Firefighters they reckon have transgressed. How many are there and who is going to pull you out of a blazing inferno in the means time? Have they thought of that? I doubt it. Woke crimes are more evil than any other outcome so to hell with consequence.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlydave View Post
    So, lets say to appease the Woke BBC etc they go ahead and sack the Firefighters they reckon have transgressed. How many are there and who is going to pull you out of a blazing inferno in the means time? Have they thought of that? I doubt it. Woke crimes are more evil than any other outcome so to hell with consequence.
    I took one look at the name of the author of the report and smelled a rat. I was not really aware that women are physically equipped to fight fires, but I suppose quotas have to be filled. Just another day in the lunatic asylum.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    A report some 25 years ago came to the same conclusion, it was utter rubbish then and I don't doubt it's utter rubbish now. Some of the incidents are just laughable, at least they are to me with experience of how Lancs is run, maybe London is different, but if it is and there's any truth in those stories then the entire management team should be sacked, and not only sacked but prosecuted, those incidents are not just racist or misogynist, they're illegal.
    I read through the report, and it seems the fault lies mainly with white, British, immigrant hating racist right-wingers posing as fireman. The boss says the miscreants are all going to get fired. Good luck with that.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/17...st-uk-news-ont

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I read through the report, and it seems the fault lies mainly with white, British, immigrant hating racist right-wingers posing as fireman. The boss says the miscreants are all going to get fired. Good luck with that.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/17...st-uk-news-ont
    You've actually read the report mon ami, how long did that take you ? Or have you just skimmed through it ? Like you I was immediately suspicious when I saw the name Nafir Afzal, ex of the Crown Prosecution Service, a Lefty activist masquerading as an independent arbiter on the culture of the London Fire Brigade. If you think he may be 'independent' or 'impartial' check out his Twitter feed, his views are there for all to see.

You don't need to go far into the report to realise that this is just the latest in a long line of attempts to prove institutional racism is endemic in the UK, we've had the Met, the Police Service as a whole, the Army, the Navy, the Tory Party, the UK as a whole, although the **** hit the fan after that report said the UK was NOT racist, now it's the London Fire Brigade's turn. It's what the Race Relations industry does, they like to keep the gravy train chugging along.

Try this bit of nonsense, as early as page 8 of the report,

"Widespread resistance to the #Firefghting***ism campaign of 2018, which saw many men angrily respond to the inclusive change in language from ‘fireman’ to ‘firefghter’, is a case in point."

The change in designation of 'fireman' to 'firefighter' dates from the late 1980s, in the latter half of my career I was a 'firefighter' and I retired in 2000. There were one or two moans and grumbles about it at the time, but within months it was accepted and ceased to be an issue in the Fire Service over 30 years ago. The above claim that this was still an issue 30 years after the event is just bizarre, besides which the campaign was to educate the public, especially females, that 'firemen' no longer exist, they are all 'firefighters', in an attempt to get more female applicants. It was not aimed at members of the London Fire Brigade.

Incidentally, you won't ever see an Asian female firefighter, nor will you ever see any recruitment campaigns targeted at that section of the community, but as always, best not go there eh ?

On page 10,

"The previous Commissioner, Dany Cotton, told us she was passionately invested in the #Firefghting***ism campaign of 2017 because they had been told accounts of young girls who wanted to be a firefighter who had told people that they wished they were boys, as they believed it was the only way to achieve this. She subsequently received death threats and demands for her to be removed
    from her job. She also recounted one incident when she was a middle manager where she visited a fire station and all the male firefighters turned around and walked away from her because they did not want to work with women".

Again this is utterly bizarre, a 'middle manager' in real terms equates to a senior officer in my day. London Fire Brigade is a disciplined service, she had the authority to order those men to line up and listen to what she had to say, any that refused would have been suspended from duty and put on a charge. You just cannot walk away from a senior officer in the fire service, it just doesn't work like that, you do as they tell you. or else you're out of a job.

As for not wanting to work with women, again they have no choice, 10% of London firefighters are women, every fire station employs several, it's perfectly normal to work with women in the fire service, you can't walk away from them, it's simply nonsense.

For once I'm in agreement with you mon ami. It sinks.

I'm unhappy you failed to rise to the "it seems the fault lies mainly with white, British, immigrant hating racist right-wingers posing as fireman" quip though!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    For once I'm in agreement with you mon ami. It sinks.

I'm unhappy you failed to rise to the "it seems the fault lies mainly with white, British, immigrant hating racist right-wingers posing as fireman" quip though!
    It did make me smile.

I wander if when they enter buildings in breathing apparatus to get bodies out if they check if they’re women or not white before they proceed to save their lives,

This is another sh-t show that’s beyond belief, racist fireman and ***ist as well , they’re on a sticky wicket now -

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    I wander if when they enter buildings in breathing apparatus to get bodies out if they check if they’re women or not white before they proceed to save their lives,

This is another sh-t show that’s beyond belief, racist fireman and ***ist as well , they’re on a sticky wicket now -
    Even I have to agree with you both on this one. Rabid Right Wingers 2 v Lefty Loons 0.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)