+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fa cup round 3

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    Thank goodness for our improved matchday experience eh?
    It's nearly five years since "The Multi Billionaire Consortium" took over in mid December 2017 and made the promise that the first thing fans will see changed and improved is the matchday experience. "We want to see you guys down at Oakwell from 12-00 Midday until 7-00 pm enjoying the entertainment and refreshments on offer, bands, popcorn, burgers, American style.

Jose Morais was appointed, who worked with Mourinho at Real Madrid, to ramp up the expectations. We were Go, Go, Go.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 28-11-2022 at 05:00 PM.

The only match day experience I am bothered about happens on the pitch between kick off & full time, I never buy food or drink in house & have no desire to , if I cannot go 90 minutes without a drink then I have got a problem , I am happy with where I sit & I am happy with how much it costs me & what really makes me happy is if it is a good performance by the reds & even happier if it results in a win , then I am a happy chappy .

We're away at Derby!. 👎
    Thats a rubbish draw, almost as bad as away at Bolton again.

Winnable game , got to take what you get in the FA cup .

2008 , we drew Southend away in the fourth round .

We didn't do too bad that year .

Definitely a winnable one that!

Could have been worse , a chance to progress , 30k crowd ££££s in !!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    The only match day experience I am bothered about happens on the pitch between kick off & full time, I never buy food or drink in house & have no desire to , if I cannot go 90 minutes without a drink then I have got a problem , I am happy with where I sit & I am happy with how much it costs me & what really makes me happy is if it is a good performance by the reds & even happier if it results in a win , then I am a happy chappy .
    One of the great things about Oakwell is its location.
    Why would anyone want to go to the ground for a drink before a match when there is Barnsley Town Centre only a stones throw (or crawl) away from the ground ???

This actually forms links between businesses in town and the football club.
    So why spoil it.
    It makes no sense at all.

Unless of course the club directors want to make a few more quid.
    Or - the original American owners thought that’s what sports fans do.
    Football in Britain is based around pubs.
    Hence the old 3:15 kick off.
    15 minutes after the pubs had shut.

David Beckham had things to say about the absurdity of pre match American sport.

I could understand going to the ground for a drink if the ground was located in a far flung sh.it hole like Swilsboro, Elland Road or Donny.
    But it’s not - Oakwell is in a great location.
    And it will become even better when the new bridge is built.

I’m not suggesting there shouldn’t be provisions at the ground to sell items like beer.
    These outlets need to be improved - but they shouldn’t be made into an event.
    The important thing - the actual event - is what the team does on the field.

Who would like us to revive the supporters club to create another link between club and supporters?

Would this enhance the match day experience for those who would patronise it?

I think so and it’s not a difficult thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Could have been worse , a chance to progress , 30k crowd ££££s in !!
    Not sure abart the 30K crowd Rome.

Like our crowds most will be Season Ticket holders for league games. The prospect of paying for a game against "the likes of Barnsley" may not appeal to the sophisticated Ram.

The game will go under the radar on Third Round Day. I would say a 70/ 30 chance of Derby winning.

Poor draw for me.

Misbehaviour by both Barnsley fans and players is eating into any profit made from the Cup. There may be another I have forgotten but so far this season I can recall--

Fine of £7500 for player misbehaviour at Leeds in League Cup

Fine of £6000 for player misbehaviour at Shrewsbury

Fine of £30,000 for crowd misbehaviour--discriminatory chanting at Bristol Rovers physio

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast