+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Despicable ant-democratic law brought in by the Conservative government

Despicable ant-democratic law brought in by the Conservative government

After the last General Election just one person was prosecuted for voting using another person's identity. Now the Tories are spending £180 million of our money on preventing this occurring again. Why would that be?

Let's just realise that research has shown that those people over 70 years old are 3 times as likely to vote Tory as the 18 to 24 year olds. Indeed those over 70s will crawl over hot coals, swim through s­hit polluted and shark infested waters to vote Tory. Whereas the ideals of the 18 to 24 year olds are that they are languid Labour voters. If they need to do something in order to be eligible vote, some will not do so. The cut-off point between largely Labour and largely Tory voters is 45 years of age. Those over 70 years of age are 3 times as likely to vote Tory as those between 18 and 24.

Hence the Tory foul play. It is now law that for any elections of any kind, starting next May, some kind of photo-identity document / card is needed when the would-be voter arrives at the polling station. Given that which I state in the above paragraph the list of acceptable identity documents is biased towards those who will routinely have such documents of identity, those people over 45 years of age and particularly those over 65 years of age.

Whilst it is true that the 18 to 24 year olds will vote Labour they are languid about it. As election time approaches they are not inclined to bother getting valid voter identity documents, which, if requested the local authority will provide. If the default is that you cannot vote unless you carry valid identity this will of course cut down the number of those who can vote because a significant people will not take the necessary action to obtain such identity document / card.

This decreases the Labour vote in the 18 to 24 year old range but has no effect on the elderly who routinely have the documents that the government has listed as valid. This is deliberate government policy. Indeed the over 70s will be crawling over hot coals and swimming through s­hit polluted and shark infested waters to vote Tory.

There is a list of the definitely valid and definitely invalid identity documents / cards. The most blatant government foul play is regarding the Oyster Cards used in London. The Senior Citizens variant is a valid identity card for voting in elections. But the Student (18 to 24 years of age) variant is not a valid identity card for elections. The other categories of Oyster Card are not yet in either known list, so presumably Tory research / calculations are ongoing.

In general the sort of identity document card that is likely to be owned by folk of 45 years of age upwards and less so or definitely not owned by those under 45 years of age is valid for use to vote at any type of elections from now on. This is deliberately to give the age range which is largely Tory no problems whatsoever in voting, whilst giving the age range that is largely Labour some factors which inhibit them from voting.
    Last edited by _Stefan_Kuntz; 27-11-2022 at 11:49 AM.

Error in the title of the thread :-
    Despicable anti-democratic law brought in by the Conservative government

The posts this morning are excellent, this is the best. It is true that the older people get, the more they vote Tory. I did it, growing up in Cambridge, or an english Leningrad, i voted Labour at 18.

My next vote was David Owens party, then conservative ever since.

The reason older people vote conservative is because they have grown up. Those that vote Labour for a lifetime only see class hate, not the nuts and bolts.

As for proving who you are at elections, well youd think that that law would already be in place.

Here is Stefan, advocating lawlessness because it doesnt favour Labour.

The wrongs and rights of such is irrelevant. Labour have no qualms about cheating, like in Peterboro.

Let me give you an example in America. One state wont declare its winners till november the 28th. Rigging is rampant in the US.

Anyway, freudian slip there stefan, in your second post.

Quote Originally Posted by Psaw View Post
    Here is Stefan, advocating lawlessness because it doesnt favour Labour.
    I am in no way advocating lawlessness. Nor do I want laws which favour Labour. I simply do not want the totally despicable law
    which substantially favours the Conservatives in all the seats in a General Election.

There has been only one prosecution for one person who voted using someone else's identity, so there is not even the slightest excuse
    to bring in this law. It is utterly despicable.

I want elections to be fought completely fairly and whoever wins there could then be no complaint. This law is by far the worst thing that
    these t­wats have done because it is an affront to democracy. If a Labour government brings in such an electoral law that favours the Labour Party I shall be just as vehement about opposing it.

It doesn’t stop there either. The new constituency boundary changes from next year will benefit the Tories by a number of seats. I fully expect the next Government to change them back or reduce the numbers (along with abolishing the Lords) to make the whole process more demographic and democratic.
    https://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/boundaries2023.html

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)