+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Take your pick time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The word was he was happy to stay but once the release clause was sprung by WHU off he went. The goal he scored at home against Palace is however, forever etched in my "fond memories" brainbox compartment.
    Sadly, the sitter that he missed at Norwich and the crazy penalty at West Ham are forever hatched in my memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Sadly, the sitter that he missed at Norwich and the crazy penalty at West Ham are forever hatched in my memories.
    That's the difference between you and me mein freund. I smell the roses while you sniff the horse manure, they are standing in.

That's the difference between you and me mein freund. I smell the roses while you sniff the horse manure, they are standing in.
    Oh yes, because everything needs a good base for it to grow, therefore, if you can really smell the sh1t you are far more appreciative of the lovely growth. Modern society does not appreciate that everything needs a good foundation or it falls by the wayside. They think that all you need to do is add water and everything will happen, however, like your roses, there is much more than water needed for them to grow.

Anyway, BT, if you can smell the roses, please tell us just where this country is going wrong because, after being 25 years in the manure, we should be flourishing. 13 Years of Blair et al followed by 12 Years of Cameron et al with a little help from Clegg doesn't seem to have worked very well. However, you can take your pick of them all and still can't come up with any answer except for the fact that none of those mentioned, or their colleagues, are joining the queues for the food banks.

So mon ami, you love a man who misses sitters and penalties which could have kept us up, he gets the best manager we've ever had sacked and then he fecks off to West Ham. But still you love him, on which basis I find your constant whinging and whining about Ben Mee, Chris Wood and Wout Weghorst rather peculiar. You are a strange one and no mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    So mon ami, you love a man who misses sitters and penalties which could have kept us up, he gets the best manager we've ever had sacked and then he fecks off to West Ham. But still you love him, on which basis I find your constant whinging and whining about Ben Mee, Chris Wood and Wout Weghorst rather peculiar. You are a strange one and no mistake.
    Cornet was transparently honest, he played with a smile on his face and looked like he genuinely loved being at Burnley Football Club. I wish I could say the same about Mee, Wood and fecking Weghorst.

Cornet was transparently honest, he played with a smile on his face and looked like he genuinely loved being at Burnley Football Club. I wish I could say the same about Mee, Wood and fecking Weghorst.
    I agree BT. Sadly, one of the telling comments from St Sean was that he did not like Cornet playing to the crowd. “We will soon stop that” he said. How to kill a vibrant spirit!

In the end, except for JayRod, footballers, like myself in my career, are mercenary. They may kiss the badge and all that sh*t but their loyalty lies with whoever is paying their over-inflated wages and bonuses. JayRod is Burnley born and bred, so he will be more like us, as fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    I agree BT. Sadly, one of the telling comments from St Sean was that he did not like Cornet playing to the crowd. “We will soon stop that” he said. How to kill a vibrant spirit!

In the end, except for JayRod, footballers, like myself in my career, are mercenary. They may kiss the badge and all that sh*t but their loyalty lies with whoever is paying their over-inflated wages and bonuses. JayRod is Burnley born and bred, so he will be more like us, as fans.
    As per Andy Payton, home players are rare, we were lucky having these two,bring on more of the same.

The Laughing Assassin, he absolutely loved being at Burnley, right up until the moment he signed for West Ham. Was David Moyes the b'stard who twisted his arm up his back and held a knife to his throat, I think we should be told.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    The Laughing Assassin, he absolutely loved being at Burnley, right up until the moment he signed for West Ham. Was David Moyes the b'stard who twisted his arm up his back and held a knife to his throat, I think we should be told.
    I wonder if the fact that he had been earning circa £30,000 per week at Burnley but West Ham offered him circa £64,000 per week had anything to do with his moving on?
    Dwight McNeil has taken a lot of stick from our fans, however, it appears that, last season he was our lowest paid player receiving circa £5,000 per week. He is reported to be earning £77,000 per week at Everton this season, yet he is pilloried for moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    I wonder if the fact that he had been earning circa £30,000 per week at Burnley but West Ham offered him circa £64,000 per week had anything to do with his moving on?
    Dwight McNeil has taken a lot of stick from our fans, however, it appears that, last season he was our lowest paid player receiving circa £5,000 per week. He is reported to be earning £77,000 per week at Everton this season, yet he is pilloried for moving.
    I can accept Cornet and Mcneil moving to stay in the EPL and get massive wage hikes but for some obscure and unquantifiable reason Mee deserting ship still sticks in my throat.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)