+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Take your pick time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I can accept Cornet and Mcneil moving to stay in the EPL and get massive wage hikes but for some obscure and unquantifiable reason Mee deserting ship still sticks in my throat.
    Ben was reportedly on circa £55,000 per week at the Turf, however, this was going to reduce considerably in the Championship. His contract was at an end and he geot th chance to move to Brentford, play PL football and pick up circa £53,000 per week for doing so.
    Why would he stay at Burnley to play Champpionship football for circa £23,000 per week less than he is getting? Answers on a postage stamp ---mind you they are being phased out so better do it quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Ben was reportedly on circa £55,000 per week at the Turf, however, this was going to reduce considerably in the Championship. His contract was at an end and he geot th chance to move to Brentford, play PL football and pick up circa £53,000 per week for doing so.
    Why would he stay at Burnley to play Champpionship football for circa £23,000 per week less than he is getting? Answers on a postage stamp ---mind you they are being phased out so better do it quickly.
    Because 'BT thinks he should have done', tiny letters and I could probably get that on one of those larger Christmas stamps.

Of the player who left last summer, who were out of contract I go not have a problem with any of them. They signed a contact and it was fulfilled. They owed nothing else to the club and the club owed them nothing.

The contracted players who moved for a transfer fee, well the club had the opportunity to refuse the transfer but decided to take the money, so again I have no problem with those players moving on.

I am not certain about the situation with Weghorst, as he said he had a clause in his contract or a verbal agreement that he would not play outside the premier league. That would appear to me to be a poor decision by the club to agree to such a clause.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Because 'BT thinks he should have done', tiny letters and I could probably get that on one of those larger Christmas stamps.
    My "source" in the BFC Commercial Department states unequivocally that Mee was made an initial offer, expecting a counteroffer from Mee and his agent which never came, and it seems both sides decided it was best to simply walk away from each other and I think that's about as near to the truth as we will ever get.

Onwards and forwards.

It was still stupid bloody business to let both Mee and Tarkowski walk for nothing and that disturbs the hell out of my penchant for sensible, prudent business. WTF were we doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    Of the player who left last summer, who were out of contract I go not have a problem with any of them. They signed a contact and it was fulfilled. They owed nothing else to the club and the club owed them nothing.

The contracted players who moved for a transfer fee, well the club had the opportunity to refuse the transfer but decided to take the money, so again I have no problem with those players moving on.

I am not certain about the situation with Weghorst, as he said he had a clause in his contract or a verbal agreement that he would not play outside the premier league. That would appear to me to be a poor decision by the club to agree to such a clause.
    It's all perfectly straightforward and simple isn't it VC, like you I have no issue with any of the players who left, why anyone would have, I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post

I have a problem V_C, several in fact. In which world of reality would any business allow £40 million quid worth of assets to walk through the door for nothing.

McNeil was good financial business for BFC, the same goes for Cornet. In which world would a football club allow a player to dictate how he applies himself to a contract? I personally blame Alan Pace for the Weghorst fiasco, and he needs to either get shut of the Dutch w@nker at the right money or let VK decide if Weghorst has any sort of future playing at Turf Moor.

He's not exactly setting Qatar on fire, is he?

Finally, I hate this chest beating, badge kissing loved up bollox which evaporates as soon as a few extra grand on offer kicks in. I just do not do hypocrisy.

I'm now buggering off to write 100 lines,

"I must not believe players love our club more than money".

Finally, I hate this chest beating, badge kissing loved up bollox which evaporates as soon as a few extra grand on offer kicks in. I just do not do hypocrisy.

I'm now buggering off to write 100 lines,

"I must not believe players love our club more than money".

BT, you need to amend ths lines to read "I must not believe any player loves any club more than money."

I have always just assumed that chest beating, badge kissing loved up bollox actually meant something to a player mein freund. Mee and Weghorst have certainly set me straight on that one.

I have always just assumed that chest beating, badge kissing loved up bollox actually meant something to a player mein freund. Mee and Weghorst have certainly set me straight on that one.
    No you didn't, you knew just like the rest of us that badge kissing is just what they do, what they play for is money.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    No you didn't, you knew just like the rest of us that badge kissing is just what they do, what they play for is money.
    I'm just not that cynical mon ami, I believe in the Corinthian Spirit, surely not everything is about bloody money.

Mind you Beckham's just held his hand out to take $150 million over 10 years from Qatar and I'll bet he takes a Saudi's hand off (pun intended!) to broker their World Cup bid in 2030.

Money bloody money.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)