+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hanley Town

Hanley Town

Hanley are playing at Clitheroe tonight, if Clitheroe win they'll be up into a play off spot, and at home to the 14th placed team in the league they should be able to do it.

Or should they ? This is one of the strangest footballing anomalies I've ever seen, Hanley's home record,

Played 7 Won 0 Drawn 0 Lost 7

Hanley's away record,

Played 9 Won 6 Drawn 1 Lost 2

No points at home, 19 points away, the highest in the league.

I'm intrigued, what seemed a straightforward home game, and likely win, is anything but.

That is interesting and it will be interesting to see what transpires, good luck with that!

Ashington were playing away to Sunderland RCA last Saturday and someone on the Ashington website posted the results for the last five seasons with Ashington having won every game. They also pointed out that RCA had lost all of their last 8 league matches and Ashington had won their last five and had suffered only 1 league defeat all season/ Ken and I agreed that it was really tempting fate ---we were correct!
    We were all over them for 25 minutes without scoring, they then broke and scored in the 28th minute and then 4 minutes later our keeper made a hash of playing out from the back and they scored a second!
    We hit the woodwork three times and missed two glorious chances but the end result was 0-2.
    Tonight we are at Heaton Stannington with both teams having won 4 of their last 5 matches ----it will be interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    That is interesting and it will be interesting to see what transpires, good luck with that!

Ashington were playing away to Sunderland RCA last Saturday and someone on the Ashington website posted the results for the last five seasons with Ashington having won every game. They also pointed out that RCA had lost all of their last 8 league matches and Ashington had won their last five and had suffered only 1 league defeat all season/ Ken and I agreed that it was really tempting fate ---we were correct!
    We were all over them for 25 minutes without scoring, they then broke and scored in the 28th minute and then 4 minutes later our keeper made a hash of playing out from the back and they scored a second!
    We hit the woodwork three times and missed two glorious chances but the end result was 0-2.
    Tonight we are at Heaton Stannington with both teams having won 4 of their last 5 matches ----it will be interesting!
    Best of luck at Stan, I'll be looking for the result.

Did you get potted?

Scraped a win 4-3, to be honest Hanley were robbed, well worth at least a point. A very useful outfit, how on earth they've lost all 7 at home I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Scraped a win 4-3, to be honest Hanley were robbed, well worth at least a point. A very useful outfit, how on earth they've lost all 7 at home I have no idea.
    A win is a win and if you can pull it off without playing well it feels even better.
    Stan took the lead in the first half against the Colliers and they were the better side in the first half. The Colliers lifted their game in the second half and hit the woodwork twice and I thought that it was going to be another one of those days, particularly when their keeper pulled of a worldie. However, with 27 minutes to go we made 4 subs and there was more life in the team and we equalised . Both teams went for the winner but it ended 1-1 which was a fair result as far as I am concerned.
    We still have a further 4 away games before our next home match and they are all difficult! In third place 6 points behind top and 3 games in hand but the whole 6 top clubs are all in contention and we have 21 games to play.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Hanley are playing at Clitheroe tonight, if Clitheroe win they'll be up into a play off spot, and at home to the 14th placed team in the league they should be able to do it.

Or should they ? This is one of the strangest footballing anomalies I've ever seen, Hanley's home record,

Played 7 Won 0 Drawn 0 Lost 7

Hanley's away record,

Played 9 Won 6 Drawn 1 Lost 2

No points at home, 19 points away, the highest in the league.

I'm intrigued, what seemed a straightforward home game, and likely win, is anything but.
    Hasn't the Manager realised that they meet in the pub at 11.00 before Home games

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    Hasn't the Manager realised that they meet in the pub at 11.00 before Home games
    That could be it Barrie, best thing he can do is hire the coach for 11am every home game and take them on a 2 hour drive round Staffordshire, keeps them out of the pub and makes them think they're playing away. That should do the trick.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)