+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Take your pick time.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    I think that Cornet would have flourished under VK. However, there have to be questions about his fitness. Sadly, for him, he does seem to pick up a lot of injuries.

McNeil seemed to lose his way. At first he was brilliant, getting in impossible crosses from wide positions. In his last season Dyche seemed to want him to be a No 10, which he is not. When Dyche went, McNeil was one to comment on feeling happier under Jackson. I would not put him any higher than 3, with Cornet 2.

Zaroury is doing everything right for me. He attacks, he gets into good positions, he was clinical against the b@stards, he provides assists. In addition, I think he will get even better under VK.
    I’d pick zaroury now as well because I believe he has the makings of a very good player going forwards , however I think maybe we’re being A little unfair to Mcneil , in an abject side with minimal flair creativity Mcneil was the only player with that spark , teams knew it and doubled up most of the time on him wherever he played, we were so reliant on set pieces at the end outfield play almost didn’t matter so I think Mcneil was a little unfairly treated tbh.

Cornet has injuries yes but a real player who glides across the surface at pace ( not trickery )
    Another who was starved of service and what he needed to show his attributes- the way we played stifled him eventually, also a very good player.

Fair comment, army. It will interesting to see how McNeil fares at Everton.

I think that Cornet was a breath of fresh air when he arrived. When he is fit, it will again be interesting to see how he performs at West Ham.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    McNeill threw his dummy out too often but I did like Cornet and was sorry to see him go though if it turns out he is injury prone we may have done well to sell him. Zaroury is like a breath of fresh air though, I'm surprised he hasn't come off the subs bench yet though Morocco are doing well without him so far.
    I watched the Morrocco team, and their left winger IMHO was not in the same league as Zaroury but the lad is new to international football, and I think the manager is reluctant to chuck Annas in at the deep end. Being involved will do the lad a power of good though.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I did wonder why Lyon seemed quite happy to release Cornet, now I know.
    I was stood right next to him when he had first arrived and like my mum used to say, there's more meat on a butcher's pencil. He really does have very slight frame for the rigours of the EPL, I'm glad we banked the money and ran.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I was stood right next to him when he had first arrived and like my mum used to say, there's more meat on a butcher's pencil. He really does have very slight frame for the rigours of the EPL, I'm glad we banked the money and ran.
    in my youth BT I played with a lad - a very decent full back in all honesty, and when I turned up in pre season I thought just the same , until about the third training session when we had a good old 70/30 and he came out the other side like nothing had happened and I could feel his bony slight structure reverberating through my body - let’s say I was glad he was on my team from then on - lived Baildon area I think.

If you’d seen the the size and build of me , that’s a compliment to him , all bones and gangly but hard in a horrible way.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    in my youth BT I played with a lad - a very decent full back in all honesty, and when I turned up in pre season I thought just the same , until about the third training session when we had a good old 70/30 and he came out the other side like nothing had happened and I could feel his bony slight structure reverberating through my body - let’s say I was glad he was on my team from then on - lived Baildon area I think.

If you’d seen the the size and build of me , that’s a compliment to him , all bones and gangly but hard in a horrible way.
    Cornet does seem particularly prone to strain injuries, WHU fans are claiming he was a poor acquisition. Just saying.

Cornet does seem particularly prone to strain injuries, WHU fans are claiming he was a poor acquisition. Just saying.
    He has started just one PL game this season, come on as sub in four others and has played a total of 88 minutes.
    After he signed for us he started 8 matches and came on as sub in 2 between August and January. He played a total of 616 minutes and scored 6 goals.
    When he came back from the African Cup of Nations at the end of January, he started 13 matches and came on as sub in 3. He played a total of 1204 minutes during that period and scored 3 goals ------and missed quite a few more, to be honest!

Had he stayed here and suffered the injuries which have plagued him this season he would have been a big drain on our finances and we may not even have been able to sign some ofthe talent that we currently have.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    He has started just one PL game this season, come on as sub in four others and has played a total of 88 minutes.
    After he signed for us he started 8 matches and came on as sub in 2 between August and January. He played a total of 616 minutes and scored 6 goals.
    When he came back from the African Cup of Nations at the end of January, he started 13 matches and came on as sub in 3. He played a total of 1204 minutes during that period and scored 3 goals ------and missed quite a few more, to be honest!

Had he stayed here and suffered the injuries which have plagued him this season he would have been a big drain on our finances and we may not even have been able to sign some ofthe talent that we currently have.
    Good job we moved him on then mein freund.

Good job we moved him on then mein freund.
    BT, he wanted away in any case so perhaps he has done us a favour.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    BT, he wanted away in any case so perhaps he has done us a favour.
    The word was he was happy to stay but once the release clause was sprung by WHU off he went. The goal he scored at home against Palace is however, forever etched in my "fond memories" brainbox compartment.

Attachment 22969

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)