+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No Benefit to Going Out of The Cup

No Benefit to Going Out of The Cup

Another game postponed because our opponents on round 3 day … have got to round 3!

Can you believe it?
    Home game cancelled yesterday and now a home game cancelled in January.

No cup run and yet we will still have a congested fixture list!
    Last edited by SwalePie; 28-11-2022 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Fixed typo in title

Quote Originally Posted by magpie2k4 View Post
    Another game postponed because our opponents on round 3 day … have got to round 3!

Can you believe it?

Yaaaawn

Can you believe it?

I've decided to be optimistic here.

It's a rest day so the players can recover after a busy Xmas period. Also players can use the time to recover from injuries and little chance of injuries when not playing. Might also not be a great gate on that date, people might be finding finances a bit tight that soon after Xmas but if the game is scheduled right we might get a good gate.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 28-11-2022 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Fixed typo

How did you find it, being optimistic?

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusCole View Post
    I've decided to be optomistic here.

It's a rest day so the players can recover after a busy Xmas period. Also players can use the time to recover from injuries and little chance of injuries when not playing. Might also not be a great gate on that date, people might be finding finances a bit tight that soon after Xmas but if the game is scheduled right we might get a good gate.
    We could try to move forward the midweek game at Aldershot so we have a Saturday game. We’re already having one midwinter break now - not sure we’ll need another one on Jan 7 - especially if we have a blank weekend due to the FA Trophy on the 14th.

Can you believe it?

If we'd have been in the cup the game would still have been cancelled. I don't understand your logic?

Can you believe it?

I wouldn't say there's no benefit to going out of the cup - 3 less games to play than the mighty Wrexham.

I bet they get one of the top Premiership teams at home!

Let's get it straight, being knocked out of the FA Cup by Coalville was not beneficial. It was an abysmal result in its own right, and a win would have taken us one step closer to a potentially lucrative tie. It's done now though, and if we can bring forward a midweek game to a Saturday game it does help spread out our fixtures, and should bring in better gate money.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Let's get it straight, being knocked out of the FA Cup by Coalville was not beneficial. It was an abysmal result in its own right, and a win would have taken us one step closer to a potentially lucrative tie. It's done now though, and if we can bring forward a midweek game to a Saturday game it does help spread out our fixtures, and should bring in better gate money.
    I agree it wasn't beneficial but it happened so I was just looking at what the benefit is now. Certainly would rather still be in it.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    I agree it wasn't beneficial but it happened so I was just looking at what the benefit is now. Certainly would rather still be in it.
    If we dont get promoted, then it wasn't beneficial. The bottom line is that we now know that those who played in that defeat are not good enough.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast