+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Played at NYS and in World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    Slightly off piste,the biggest name for me was the then England goalie playing at Millmoor ,David James for West ham.
    Gary speed for Leeds

Chris waddle for the pigs
    Jermaine defoe for West ham

Also played Newcastle in the cup.

Dunno if shearer was there than

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    As always, Wiki is my friend

3 of the Aussie squad have graced the NYS turf. Baily Wright who came on at half time for Sunderland as we drubbed them 5-1 last season, Riley McGree played for Brum when they beat us 1-0 at the end of the 2021 season during our 4 games in 8 days run and Harry Souter turned out for Fleetwood in the 2-2 draw just before Christmas 2019. (Just noticed Wright hasn't played in this WC yet)

I bet all of those appearances are at the forefront of everyone's mind I'll see what other pearls of wisdom Wiki can teach me later.

Canada's Junior Hoilett has played for various clubs that played at NYS (QPR and Cardiff) but didn't actually get into a game until he did so for Reading in the 4-0 drubbing we gave them at the start of this season.

Ilias Chair of QPR is one of the Morocco squad but hasn't played yet. I know he gave us some trouble at Loftus Road earlier this season but despite him having been at QPR for almost 6 years I can only find him as a non-used sub in games at NYS.
    Aussie Aaron mooy played for Huddersfield at NYS

Quote Originally Posted by millersrus View Post
    Aussie Aaron mooy played for Huddersfield at NYS
    He was class as well.

Doesn't quite fit the original question but Martin Braithwaite of Danmark played against us at the Riverside for Boro

Ismail sarr Watford and Senegal

Daniel James of Swansea (before Man Utd days) - didn't he play at NYS and cause us all sorts of problems?

Good shout on Mooy, I remember seeing him. And yes Daniel James played for Swansea I think.

A lot more than I thought.

In 2015 played 8 games

Mamadou Loum of Senegal plays against England later today, if he gets on the pitch that is as he hasn't so far. He played at NYS for Reading when we beat them 4-0 earlier this season.

Also Seny Dieng played in goal for QPR when we beat them 3-1 at NYS towards the end of the 2020/21 season. He's unlikely to feature for Senegal though with Mendy their No1 No1 (but wears 16). Deng is the goalie who scored a 90+2 equaliser for QPR in their 2-2 draw against Sunderland earlier this season.
    Last edited by CAMiller; 04-12-2022 at 07:36 AM.

Peter Odemwingie Played in a World Cup

Possibly Blackstock might has

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast