+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    Long,Lowton & Norris are under contract.They will see them out because there is nowhere else that they would get the same money.

The interesting one is Ashley.Has he earned another year?
    I think Barnes will be offered a 12-month deal. I hope so after his latest heroics.

Attachment 22971

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    That's the great unknown isn't it, what if, as seems likely, we're in the PL next season. Massive upgrade in opposition, totally different financial scenario, one which we never really coped with last time, and despite Sean's annual miracles, it did for us in the end. I would imagine that VK, after perhaps one season of trying to run a PL club on the budget he'll be given, will be glad to get the feck out.
    I have a feeling that we have a substantial amount / investment waiting for the day that we’re back in the big time.
    I believe there was a 100 million figure waiting if we’d stayed in the league , who invests who knows but I think there would be investment over and above the Premiership money , if we are fortunate enough to get promoted.

That might be enough to keep Vincent here a while until the City job materialises.

What about Ashley Westwood. Does he have a future?

Everyone is assuming that VK is the heir apparent to Guardiola. That beg’s the questions whether the owners see him as that AND what VK wants to do. He may not be ready for a massive step up from Burnley.

Only rime will tell.

In the meantime, let’s all enjoy the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    I have a feeling that we have a substantial amount / investment waiting for the day that we’re back in the big time.
    I believe there was a 100 million figure waiting if we’d stayed in the league , who invests who knows but I think there would be investment over and above the Premiership money , if we are fortunate enough to get promoted.

That might be enough to keep Vincent here a while until the City job materialises.
    I think that being relegated meant we had to front up £65 million of our outstanding debt. That would in theory have been available if we'd stayed up, which might explain in part why we would have had money waiting had we stayed up, I'm not convinced it was new money.

And the debt is still outstanding, due to be repaid in full by December 2025. Is this substantial investment awaiting our return to the PL going to be used to pay off the debt before being spent on the playing side, or is it all to be spent on players, while we cross our fingers and hope the humungous outstanding debt will just disappear of it's own free will ?

Because it won't, we can forget about it and enjoy the football, but it won't go away, it's still there like a fecking great monkey on our backs, and one way or another, it will have to be repaid soon.

I think that being relegated meant we had to front up £65 million of our outstanding debt. That would in theory have been available if we'd stayed up, which might explain in part why we would have had money waiting had we stayed up, I'm not convinced it was new money.

And the debt is still outstanding, due to be repaid in full by December 2025. Is this substantial investment awaiting our return to the PL going to be used to pay off the debt before being spent on the playing side, or is it all to be spent on players, while we cross our fingers and hope the humungous outstanding debt will just disappear of it's own free will ?

Because it won't, we can forget about it and enjoy the football, but it won't go away, it's still there like a fecking great monkey on our backs, and one way or another, it will have to be repaid soon.
    By my reckoning if we win the Championship and get promoted the total prize money is worth around £200 million. Stop the fretting mon ami.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    By my reckoning if we win the Championship and get promoted the total prize money is worth around £200 million. Stop the fretting mon ami.
    I agree with BT. If we return to the PL, the guaranteed cash flow will make it easier to reschedule debt repayments. That is the norm from my experience. I think that Pace is no fool. He attracted VK to Burnley, not the most attractive proposition. VK has attracted some exciting young talent. We sit atop the Championship.

Younger players = lower salaries. Getting rid of the higher paid deadwood is a recipe for financial stability.

As supporters we live and die by emotions. Pace lives and dies by finance. His goal is to stabilise the ship whilst supporting VK as they can both see the wisdom of that approach.

Leveraged buyouts are risky. Pace is managing that risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    I agree with BT. If we return to the PL, the guaranteed cash flow will make it easier to reschedule debt repayments. That is the norm from my experience. I think that Pace is no fool. He attracted VK to Burnley, not the most attractive proposition. VK has attracted some exciting young talent. We sit atop the Championship.

Younger players = lower salaries. Getting rid of the higher paid deadwood is a recipe for financial stability.

As supporters we live and die by emotions. Pace lives and dies by finance. His goal is to stabilise the ship whilst supporting VK as they can both see the wisdom of that approach.

Leveraged buyouts are risky. Pace is managing that risk.
    Well said s_c.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    It's my understanding that it's £100,000 for winning the Championship, £50,000 for coming second, so it will pay us to keep our foot on the pedal and win it. Not sure where you get the £200,000 figure from, doesn't involve a magic money tree does it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post

Pace lives and dies by finance. His goal is to stabilise the ship whilst supporting VK as they can both see the wisdom of that approach. Leveraged buyouts are risky. Pace is managing that risk.
    Premier League = higher salaries, much higher, ask the player's agents, which is a recipe for financial instability.

The ship was perfectly stable, until Mr Pace and ALK came along with their leveraged buy out.

Premier League = higher salaries, much higher, ask the player's agents, which is a recipe for financial instability.

The ship was perfectly stable, until Mr Pace and ALK came along with their leveraged buy out.
    Sinkov, what you say is perfectly true. The old Garlick kept the ship stable. However, stable with Garlick had become the major problem mon ami. Stable= relegation and a team of old men who were never going to get us any further. Garlick would never have "retooled" this squad in such an effective or imaginative manner. Garlick = powder dry forever, until we crash and burn into insignificance under the weight of Mr G's bank account. So certain decline or an very interesting journey, watching entertaining football on the way. You must take your pick! What then if not Pace who??

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)