+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2023

I'm more than OKAY with how Alan Pace is doing. The financial bonus for returning first bounce to the EPL is considered to be worth £200 million.

Increased advertising/TV revenue, bigger EPL pot share, parachute payment ends and a whole new pot of lucre awaits us.

The £2 million per squad player in revised salaries can be handled sinkov, Pace is no dummy he can make this work.

Last year the "we hate Burnley" media were spouting the leveraged buyout spelt doom and the Clarets would "do a Sunderland".

I think we are in good hands, the financial peril Garlick left us in seems to have dissipated, we are paying our way, no creditors are knocking, and we can still sell Weghorst!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I'm more than OKAY with how Alan Pace is doing. The financial bonus for returning first bounce to the EPL is considered to be worth £200 million.

Increased advertising/TV revenue, bigger EPL pot share, parachute payment ends and a whole new pot of lucre awaits us.

The £2 million per squad player in revised salaries can be handled sinkov, Pace is no dummy he can make this work.

Last year the "we hate Burnley" media were spouting the leveraged buyout spelt doom and the Clarets would "do a Sunderland".

I think we are in good hands, the financial peril Garlick left us in seems to have dissipated, we are paying our way, no creditors are knocking, and we can still sell Weghorst!
    I await the next Annual Financial Report with interest, not only to see if it reveals how much of the debt is still outstanding, but to read what the auditors say, last time, although they were very careful how they expressed it, reading between the lines you could sense they were not happy bunnies at all, the gist of their report was, if it all goes tits up, don't blame us.

Maybe this time it will all be sweetness and light, we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Premier League = higher salaries, much higher, ask the player's agents, which is a recipe for financial instability.

The ship was perfectly stable, until Mr Pace and ALK came along with their leveraged buy out.
    It was as stable as a sinking ship under Garlick. No investment on the pitch, except for has beens and someone like Drinkwater.

A leveraged buy out is a high risk strategy but it is being managed despite the relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    It was as stable as a sinking ship under Garlick. No investment on the pitch, except for has beens and someone like Drinkwater.

A leveraged buy out is a high risk strategy but it is being managed despite the relegation.
    I meant financially stable Swiss, we were sinking on the pitch because Garlick was starving Dyche of funds for his own nefarious purposes. The accountants and auditors were perfectly tranquil and happy, they're not now.

I meant financially stable Swiss, we were sinking on the pitch because Garlick was starving Dyche of funds for his own nefarious purposes. The accountants and auditors were perfectly tranquil and happy, they're not now.
    "The accountants and auditors were perfectly tranquil and happy, they're not now."

How on earth do you know that sinkov or is that how you would like it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    "The accountants and auditors were perfectly tranquil and happy, they're not now."

How on earth do you know that sinkov or is that how you would like it to be.
    Read the Independent Auditor's Report in the last Annual Financial Statement, it starts on page 10, then compare it to what they said the previous year.

Read the Independent Auditor's Report in the last Annual Financial Statement, it starts on page 10, then compare it to what they said the previous year.
    Fecking bean counters have been the bane of my life for the last 40 years mon ami, they are so far detached from life's reality they make even Blow Job appear to be human.

Having endured auditors for forty years, I can say that their speciality is covering their own arses by qualifying the accounts - especially something like a leveraged buy out. I am not surprised if they were nervous.

As you have said, it will be interesting to see the next set of financials to understand the position better. Revenue will be boosted by the sale of players and I expect the expenses to be down after clearing out some of the higher earners.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    Having endured auditors for forty years, I can say that their speciality is covering their own arses by qualifying the accounts - especially something like a leveraged buy out. I am not surprised if they were nervous.
    It seemed to be the known unknowns that were making them a bit twitchy Swiss, other companies whose dealings could impact on BFC, and they had no way of quantifying the potential risk.

We are currently enjoying the HRWC windfall, we are never off SKY and record takings loom from the away fixture at Old Trafford in the League Cup. The bean counters will be rubbing their hands with glee.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)