+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The manager

The manager

Had a very good 5 or 6 weeks in my opinion.

Got most things right and has a fair bit of competition for places, it's a fine balancing act as around 18 players have legitimate claims for a starting place.

I think he's managed to get over to the subs the importance of being an impact sub .....no mean feat for a championship manager.......vast majority of them are busting a gut when they come on ......what a difference from McGinns non effort when he came on.

I think he's squeezing quite a fair bit from this squad......we should win this league but it's got to be won, nobody is gonna hand us it.......I think GB knows this.......maybe took him a wee while but he's getting there.

ICT, Cove then a Xmas cracker at Ayr........7 pts would really set us up for the run in, 6 probably acceptable if we beat Ayr.

Mon Dondeh.

I want 9 but won’t be surprised with 5

We took 3 points in the most recent reverse of these fixtures so 7 would be a considerable improvement. I suspect we'll get 4 this time

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post

Got most things right and has a fair bit of competition for places, it's a fine balancing act as around 18 players have legitimate claims for a starting place.

I think he's managed to get over to the subs the importance of being an impact sub .....no mean feat for a championship manager.......vast majority of them are busting a gut when they come on ......what a difference from McGinns non effort when he came on.

I think he's squeezing quite a fair bit from this squad......we should win this league but it's got to be won, nobody is gonna hand us it.......I think GB knows this.......maybe took him a wee while but he's getting there.

ICT, Cove then a Xmas cracker at Ayr........7 pts would really set us up for the run in, 6 probably acceptable if we beat Ayr.

Mon Dondeh.
    We'll see what he's learned with the starting lineup at ICT. Most of the recent good changes have come about through illness or injury so I'm not getting excited yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post

Mon Dondeh.
    2-0 down against Partick it wasn’t looking good for him.

Plaudits for turning it around.

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    2-0 down against Partick it wasn’t looking good for him.

Plaudits for turning it around.
    Wasn't at thistle game but was simmering about it at ht, then game turns, season turns, managerial career turns.

He's very much made the most of that piece of fortune or bit of managerial brilliance.

As I say 18 or 19 players all with legitimate claims of a starting spot, no bad going for a championship team.

And of his signings.....Robinson v good, french v good, Williamson now v good, Grayson good in spells, french lad.....no for me but among the goals.

He must have been totally ****ed off last window but he's bounced back.

I was at cove and thought it was the beginning of the end.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)