+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: England v Wales

England v Wales

England likely line-up takes some believing. Walker on right of the defence. He can play in a back 3 but never been good enough going forward to play there. Trippier right sided player on the left of the defence? Henderson & Mount in midfield both why? Rashford another right sided player on the left of the attack. Foden most have got what they wanted he's on the right of the front 3. Probably get away with it against Wales but should be starting with a side that will be able to compete with the better sides in this tournament. Why haven't we got another left sided defender in the squad other than Shaw? Alexander-Arnold if he's good enough to play for Liverpool why not England?

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    England likely line-up takes some believing. Walker on right of the defence. He can play in a back 3 but never been good enough going forward to play there. Trippier right sided player on the left of the defence? Henderson & Mount in midfield both why? Rashford another right sided player on the left of the attack. Foden most have got what they wanted he's on the right of the front 3. Probably get away with it against Wales but should be starting with a side that will be able to compete with the better sides in this tournament. Why haven't we got another left sided defender in the squad other than Shaw? Alexander-Arnold if he's good enough to play for Liverpool why not England?
    Walker is by far our fastest defender and when we come up against the Dembeles and the Mbappes he will benefit from having some minutes with Daniel James in his pocket.
    Mount looks like he needs a rest to me.

Not wanting to be too critical because we are in a pretty good place group standing wise, however if I had to be then on performance levels so far I think john stones hasn’t individually performed so well though he does have a good understanding with Maguire.
    Could always see a place for walker and his pace in the side though difficult to drop Trippier.
    Could walker play in centre defence?
    Trent Alexander is way down the list in my book. Simple He can’t defend, others better, attacking
    wise he’s good but we have others who good are also.
    We have a good squad with lots of options off the bench however the concern against USA was that when things weren’t going well we didn’t seem to be able to correct it.

Alexander-Arnold if he's good enough to play for Liverpool why not England?
    Having VVD at side of him and Matip or Thiago dropping in for him when he bombs on means that I could shine at right back in that team.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Having VVD at side of him and Matip or Thiago dropping in for him when he bombs on means that I could shine at right back in that team.

You know more than me cause I won't watch Liverpool got my reasons. Just going on what Klopp he's said he's good enough for England. England I'd play with a back 3. Walker on the right then from best 2 out of defenders in the squad. Alexander-Arnold right wing back, Shaw left. Kane lone forward with Foden behind him.

You know more than me cause I won't watch Liverpool got my reasons. Just going on what Klopp he's said he's good enough for England. England I'd play with a back 3. Walker on the right then from best 2 out of defenders in the squad. Alexander-Arnold right wing back, Shaw left. Kane lone forward with Foden behind him.

I always find it strange when top Managers suggest their players should play for England and then complain when they come back injured or tired.

Alex Ferguson would be very happy for his players to sit out World Cups.

I always find it strange when top Managers suggest their players should play for England and then complain when they come back injured or tired.

Alex Ferguson would be very happy for his players to sit out World Cups.
    He would yes because all he thought about was himself, one selfish arrogant tw@t.

Usual hype for England, but let’s be honest just about any combination of the players in the squad should be good enough to beat Wales

It’s premiership players v lower leagues

3-0 England ( or more)

If not then blindfold Southgate, stick him up against the wall and shoot him

Would you watch Rotherham play Liverpool at NYS?

Would you watch Rotherham play Liverpool at NYS?

Give them least tickets you can think that's 1,200 then I'd see then how many would come without tickets?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast