+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lions v dragons

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    Southgate has presided over 16 major tournament games with 10 wins, a better record than any other previous England manager!
    A Euro final, World Cup Semi and so far a World Cup Quarter Final against Senegal.
    He has got this team playing well again and although the USA game wasn't pretty it was effective in putting us in a position to take Wales apart tonight.
    Time to get behind him, trust him and this team who are more than capable of winning this one!
    qf last 8 init we are in last 16 as of yet

Nudge we have had some of the greatest players in one squad a couple of times but this lot are doing better than them! Alf Ramsey was as dull as dish water and look what he and his team did!
    R&B you are right, just getting ahead of myself before we beat Senegal……

England are amongst a group of around eight to ten teams that could do well in the FIFA 2002 Men's World Cup. (Please note the PC Correct use of "Men's World Cup" to give the wimmin's game equal status).

I would say only Kane would push to get into a present World XI.

Comparisons can be made with Barnsley's and England's recent fixtures. England have beaten poor Iran and Wales sides and drew with only a marginally better USA. Barnsley have beaten poor Forest Green, MK Dons and Crewe sides. In both cases we need to see how they get on against better sides before hyping them up too much.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    England are amongst a group of around eight to ten teams that could do well in the FIFA 2002 Men's World Cup. (Please note the PC Correct use of "Men's World Cup" to give the wimmin's game equal status).

I would say only Kane would push to get into a present World XI.

Comparisons can be made with Barnsley's and England's recent fixtures. England have beaten poor Iran and Wales sides and drew with only a marginally better USA. Barnsley have beaten poor Forest Green, MK Dons and Crewe sides. In both cases we need to see how they get on against better sides before hyping them up too much.
    We did win away at sheffield six ,one of the biggest teams in the world & got a great result at Ipswich & lost a very tight game at Plymouth so I think 4 points from the 3 away games is a pretty decent return out of the league"s elite.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    We did win away at sheffield six ,one of the biggest teams in the world & got a great result at Ipswich & lost a very tight game at Plymouth so I think 4 points from the 3 away games is a pretty decent return out of the league"s elite.
    The comparison was England playing poor teams so far and Barnsley playing poor teams in recent fixtures to illustrate the notion that both England and Barnsley haven't really been "tested" over the last few games. In the last potential four Men's World Cup games England will find the opposition a little more difficult, that's all I'm trying to say.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12