+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lions v dragons

Lions v dragons

I think I’m going a bit thick tactics wise so can somebody please explain to me why he played and kept Foden down the right wing in the first half?

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydo View Post
    I think I’m going a bit thick tactics wise so can somebody please explain to me why he played and kept Foden down the right wing in the first half?
    Knowing Southgate it was probably to stop the Welsh left back going forward .

Good result but let's be honest Wales were proper shyte and probably only Qatar were worse in the whole tournament .

Southgate has presided over 16 major tournament games with 10 wins, a better record than any other previous England manager!
    A Euro final, World Cup Semi and so far a World Cup Quarter Final against Senegal.
    He has got this team playing well again and although the USA game wasn't pretty it was effective in putting us in a position to take Wales apart tonight.
    Time to get behind him, trust him and this team who are more than capable of winning this one!

Yeah and Keefa Moore was an absolute donkey lol. So much for him saying he was looking forward to putting England out of the World cup. 😁
    And Im sick of hearing them pretending they were just happy to be there etc. No they wanted better than that, and quite rightly they will be very disappointed.

I’m not unhappy with the performance or the result but Foden playing wide right leaves me scratching my head.

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    Southgate has presided over 16 major tournament games with 10 wins, a better record than any other previous England manager!
    A Euro final, World Cup Semi and so far a World Cup Quarter Final against Senegal.
    He has got this team playing well again and although the USA game wasn't pretty it was effective in putting us in a position to take Wales apart tonight.
    Time to get behind him, trust him and this team who are more than capable of winning this one!
    He has also arguably the best collective set of players in the world.
    And done nowt significant with them.
    Southgate is as dull as dish watter.

I hear you ask - how do we know he’s got the best set of players in the world.
    It’s because many of the foreign players have played in England.
    We can now gauge them.

A few decades ago we didn’t have many foreign players here - we were told they had superior skills - so we put foreign players and their national teams on a pedestal.
    No need to think like that now.
    Although some football commentators still anchor for the owd days and swoon about foreign players - even tho that player might struggle to get into Tottenhams 1st Team.
    Last edited by Young_Nudger; 29-11-2022 at 10:00 PM.

Plus I’m sick of reading how Gareth Bale is the greatest British player of all time, he isn’t even the greatest Welsh player of all time.
    So at least this result will keep the Bale lovers quiet for a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydo View Post
    Plus I’m sick of reading how Gareth Bale is the greatest British player of all time, he isn’t even the greatest Welsh player of all time.
    So at least this result will keep the Bale lovers quiet for a few days.
    To my knowledge - I was told by an old professional footballer that their best player would be a fella called Mike England.

Good old fashioned centre half. Apart from the usual names like Giggs and John Charles a player that always gets overlooked was Neville Southall who I thought was a top keeper. Bale is /was a good player gets all the praise for what he’s won but he was at a top club with top players and in my opinion he’s never really shone for Wales.

Ian Rush summed it up after the game against 'its only' Iran, when asked why Bale wasn't taken off when he was struggling. He said you need to keep Bale on for if we/they get a free kick or a penalty. 😲

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast