+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: John Bostock ex Doncaster

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    One of those situations where he will probably be worth more at the end of the season with 30+ goals and a promotion on his CV. Would be very shocked if he went in January. Well that's the hope I'm clinging on to!!
    Selling in January would show a complete lack of ambition by the brothers, Promotion would be worth more than £1m that we'd hope to get in the long run. It would be madness of the highest order.

Quote Originally Posted by GEZMAN View Post
    Maybe Football Insider has been getting their info from the Rectum forum?
    The Rectum fans are jumping with joy of the news though

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    No idea what it would take for our owners to give in and let him go. £500k or more?
    Unless his head gets seriously turned, I'd hope we'd get closer to £1million than £500k for Langstaff. Just because he's got a long contract with us. But like everyone else I'm confident we can keep him at least until the end of the season.

Its hard to get excited about a journeyman signing, but if he's fit Bostock could be decent at this level. I remember him being fast and massive.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    Has been training with Notts for the last 2 weeks.

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...lliams-301122/
    Take a million and secure Rodders future at the club and go again with their data talent spotting system...!!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    Unless his head gets seriously turned, I'd hope we'd get closer to £1million than £500k for Langstaff. Just because he's got a long contract with us. But like everyone else I'm confident we can keep him at least until the end of the season.

Its hard to get excited about a journeyman signing, but if he's fit Bostock could be decent at this level. I remember him being fast and massive.
    That’s my only worry if his head does get turned. If someone offers 10k a week when he’s on say 2k, that’s 8k a week you’re not earning for 6 months till the summer which isn’t small beans. Obviously I’m guessing on wages but I don’t think their inconceivable.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Take a million and secure Rodders future at the club and go again with their data talent spotting system...!!
    After 3 seasons in non league I'm not sure Rodders will stay any longer past his contract no matter what we offered.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    After 3 seasons in non league I'm not sure Rodders will stay any longer past his contract no matter what we offered.
    Agreed, Rodders has done well for us, the only way we could perhaps keep him is get promo and offer him better terms. Even then, it's unlikely he wouldn't find a better offer elsewhere. Post thinks it could be a Mill for Macca?

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...linked-7880643

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Agreed, Rodders has done well for us, the only way we could perhaps keep him is get promo and offer him better terms. Even then, it's unlikely he wouldn't find a better offer elsewhere. Post thinks it could be a Mill for Macca?

Hopefully they're right. I wouldn't take a bid of less than a million at this stage, and even then I'd want significant sell-on clauses.

Leicester paid (then) lowly Fleetwood £1 million for Jamie Vardy ten years ago, and I'd put Langstaff in the same bracket in terms of his potential to go to the top. And don't forget to add extra for inflation!

Notts being top or second in the table are bound to have other clubs looking at their players. Wrexham will be the same too.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post

Typical Post picking up on other media outlets rumours. I'd be surprised if we sold him even for a million and possibly sacrifice promotion in doing so.

Fleetwood couldn't afford not to accept Leicesters offer, something I believe we can. Lets face it a 30 goal a season promotion winner at the end of the season will be worth more with still 2 years on a contract.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast