+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Managerial applications.

Was given some bum information a few days ago, I really did think that an outsider was coming in. As has previously been said on this thread at the end of the day it has come down to finances, pure and simple, no extra wages and no redundancies to deal with. This is all very alarming to me, if AM fails, and I sincerely hope that he succeeds, where do we go from there?

Quote Originally Posted by MeForCrewe View Post
    Was given some bum information a few days ago, I really did think that an outsider was coming in. As has previously been said on this thread at the end of the day it has come down to finances, pure and simple, no extra wages and no redundancies to deal with. This is all very alarming to me, if AM fails, and I sincerely hope that he succeeds, where do we go from there?
    It was always going to be Bell the club does not have the finances to ring the changes, I am happy they are giving Bell a chance but would have preferred him to stay as interim to the end of the season, the recruitment process was laughable and embarrassing but was purely there to mask the fact the decision had been made not quite sure why they felt the need to do this as all it has done is stirred up further animosity from the fans towards the board and unfortunately Belly if you read the various forums the fans on the whole are scathing of Grant and hid boardroom buddies

But then keyboard warriors on social media are always scathing, so no change there!.
    Social media has become an outlet for everybody's frustrations borne of living in a a damaged and broken society, where nothing works and life doesn't look any rosier. Against this background, it should be clear that social media has little that is meaningful to contribute to real football discussion.

Everybody seems to be talking about us not having the finances. Didn't somebody mention in my last post that the club made £900,000 profit last year???? The BoD were never going to dip into this as shown by the recruitment policy of players and management post Artel. They Appear to be content to budget for the next couple of years in advance knowing that there is no projected golden goose around the corner from the ''ACADEMY''

There's a difference between trading profit and operating profit. Profit does not mean spare money. Think about it, how far do you think that money goes over a year when, not only are there salaries to pay but the upkeep of Gresty Road and various other properties. Add to that the fact that due to the actions/incompetence of our lords and masters in Westminster, money is worth between 10 and 12.5% less than it was last year.

Think about it!!!!, most successful companies INVEST in their business (players and management) when they have the funds, and divest in those areas that no longer are producing a return

Quote Originally Posted by Freddie Creweger View Post
    Think about it!!!!, most successful companies INVEST in their business (players and management) when they have the funds, and divest in those areas that no longer are producing a return
    I think you'll find that the profit was used to repay an interest free loan of £1.4 mill from one of the directors that got us through covid et al!

Its boring to keep mentioning the academy but as the Directors re Dario did say that the club only exists because of the academy (He was clearly wrong based on our history) and also he said we go where the kids take us...It should be easy for a BoD to examine and KNOW the facts of the sitauation and then make a decision and tell the fans how much money does the Cat2 academy cost the club in real terms and even what sort of salaries all the non footballers get and even what the footballers wages are. We do hear these figures from some clubs and people may object but they could come out with totals. Now IF and I add IF the academy is FULLY funded by the FA/PL then the debate can be different and then the club should tell the fans what funds the first team has for players and purchases. I still believe as you all know the academy system is for kids and not adults and should then be funded by the government and the FA and not the club itself.

If the manager's hand is tied by lack of funds then the club should explain the situation as I said no manager, no matter how good or poor they are can produce a good team consistently without the players and ManU have demonstrated that over and over...So whoever they brought in as a replacement would struggle. But they can look at other clubs our size in L1 and L2 and explain how they can succeed and we can't!

It seems reasonable that a youth team coach/manager will struggle with a first team of adult Pro's as seen with Steve Holland who then went on to make a success of being an 'assistant' elsewhere..

It may be fair to say that most of us don't know what the answer is with our club? Maybe the National league with more local opposition clubs will be a better bet than playing clubs very far away each week. The Ladies Leagues have really taken off nowadays and could be a far better bet than the men's game now! The lady refs are coming in as well...Good and bad too...

I was looking at the last big transfer out of the club and think it was Nick Powell and actually that was 2002 is that right as seems a long time ago and so no big sales since then should be a very big warning sign that changes are needed and not when we are bankrupt and a Director putting in that sort of loan could lead there?

Sorry, not that simple. Capitalism, nowadays is very short term and little risk is taken by the big money corporations.
    You are also confusing investment with short-term cost management. There are fixed and anticipated costs and short term profit is just used for turnover costs.
    In the short time the current BoD have been in charge there has been a global pandemic and now we have high level inflation and cost of living crisis. Not exactly helpful economic circumstances for a group trying to make up for a period of financial stagnation/loss under the previous regime.
    I'm sure shouting and screaming and finger pointing helps people let off the steam of frustration but beyond that it's not helpful or constructive. In fact it just leads to greater divisiveness.

My message above was a response to FC but was interrupted so 2 more posts made since I started it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast