+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Managerial applications.

That is rather a strange comment as Crewe fans are as quiet as anywhere when you hear fans from other clubs singing and shouting their hearts out and its not a question of frustration or divisiveness but one of loyalty and compassion which is natural actually. Didn't the government pay the wages of footballers during the pandemic? There has always been periods of higher inflation and and cost of living. Home owners think almost zero inflation over the last ten years means they can have almost zero mortgage rates for ever...my mortgage was never less than 7 or 8 percent and a lot higher on occasion... I know the difference between investment and short term cost management.. But when the model has changed 'significantly' in the last 10 years then its the 'duty' of the management to change the model to reflect reality and not throwing millions down to drain for a very low fourth division club where the 'evidence' is clear that almost every other club in L1 and L2 would never want Cat2 costs of an academy. Almost all clubs have after school academies at very low cost and that is what we should be doing. It was only Dario's influence with the FA imo that caused us to go to Cat2 and all the new rules which has been pointed out was to benefit the PL and not clubs like ours. Even IF the FA/PL paid all the costs then its still the wrong catagory for us...The whole benefit of education and training is to demonstrate the problem and then cut the cloth to rectify them...Something the Club seems unwilling to do...NO adult footballer needs coaching ONLY training to play this very simple game where goals win games and not having one or two direct shots on goal...The minute we went to one or two strikers was the time this game died for me at least...Where have the very fast wingers gone that used to provide all the excitement and goals in the past?

I would bring back 5 forwards rather than be a bottom 6 club...who knows it may well take off..
    Last edited by MikeSB; 03-12-2022 at 05:25 PM.

BTW, I would never appoint ANY manager to any job, least of all football when 6 months would be the maximum length that can be renewed on success as appropriate.That would have saved the PL tens of millions as it makes no sense giving more as the results should dictate the length and nothing else and so the maximum payout would be less than 6 months and not two years as some are...I don't think it would affect the employment prospects at all and some players getting 300,000 pounds a week at age 37 is crazy and shows there is far too much money at the PL level..

My mortage was based on one earner and 3 years full cost of the house and now its nearer 10 when the young ones cannot afford to buy their own home anymore...Capital investment? Name it baby!

Slightly more interesting than usual! Though, overall, I'm not sure what the point was, if any.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123