+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is Christianity dead in the UK?

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Religion / Christianity is a need , many people need it or something to believe in to grasp to , life has been like that forever.

I think the demise / decrease in popularity if you like , is due to how people live now.

There is a knock on effect served from the top
    In our country , and I honestly believe it’s like I’ve said so many times in politics and that is that it’s now Eng rained into people to look after yourself and never mind anyone else.

Community spirit is almost gone , neighbours helping each other is none existent, politics and the running of the country has forced many into
    Selfish mode and all Christian values are lost / forgotten trying to look after your own.

Divide and Conquer springs to mind again.
    The Tories are pretty good at that divide and rule malarkey army88, that's why they are making no attempt to settle the current array of public sector strikes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The Tories are pretty good at that divide and rule malarkey army88, that's why they are making no attempt to settle the current array of public sector strikes.
    I didn't realise that the Tories were bringing people out on strike, that is an amazing turn around, have they taken over from the unions?

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    I didn't realise that the Tories were bringing people out on strike, that is an amazing turn around, have they taken over from the unions?
    The Toxic party are more than happy to let Joe Public be the victims of industrial action Supersub6. I wonder what the response will be when people die because an ambulance fails to turn up or the nurses are on strike.

My 6-year-old grandson wants to go to London for his birthday and see Buckingham Palace and the Tower of London. I have booked the hotel for his half-term holidays, but because of "Industrial Action" no trains are running. Ordinary people are being punished by ordinary people and the Toxic party love it.

Army88 is dead right, "Divide & Conquer" is the modus operandi of a "F*ck You" government.

Questions BT, do people need to go on strike?
    What do they gain?
    Do they inconvenience any governemnt?
    DO the union leaders still get paid when they bring workers out on strike?
    WHy are people forced to strike against their will ----you are a big one for democracy, so where does democracy come into that?

Sad to think that your grandson may miss out on going to see Buckingham Palace and the Tower, however, it is not the government's fault if people choose to strike ---it is a personal choice, however, only to a certain extent because you can be sure that anyone who wishes to work instead of strike will be met by pickets ---you know that because you have been involved recently of your own admission.

We are back in an era where Unions want to rule the country and their quest for power will only mean that ordinary people will suffer at the hands of ordinary people being coerced into following the union line, meanwhile the Union leaders get richer at their expense and lose absolutely nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The Toxic party are more than happy to let Joe Public be the victims of industrial action Supersub6. I wonder what the response will be when people die because an ambulance fails to turn up or the nurses are on strike.

My 6-year-old grandson wants to go to London for his birthday and see Buckingham Palace and the Tower of London. I have booked the hotel for his half-term holidays, but because of "Industrial Action" no trains are running. Ordinary people are being punished by ordinary people and the Toxic party love it.

Army88 is dead right, "Divide & Conquer" is the modus operandi of a "F*ck You" government.
    I smile every time it's reported on the news that 'talks' have broken down and the strike is still on. Of course the 'talks' will break down, there is no possibility of agreement being reached because the Unions don't want agreement, they want strikes, they want a 'Winter of Discontent'. they want to bring the government down.

It was all planned months ago at the TUC annual conference in Brighton,

"Union leaders are threatening to wreak havoc throughout winter with another wave of mass strike action involving two million workers.

The stark warning of mass walkouts came as the Trades Union Congress (TUC) opened its annual conference in Brighton on Tuesday.

The new "winter of discontent" comes amid worsening industrial relations and accusations by union officials that the Government is doing little or nothing to help workers struggling with mounting bills.

A crunch ballot on industrial action between unions is set to be held on Wednesday, which could result in essential public sector workers such as teachers, nurses and junior doctors participating in a mass strike.

Some sectors have already decided to go forward with walkouts, with the union representing teachers revealing more than half of headteachers were in favour of striking."

So if you can't take your grandson to London, you know who's to blame mon ami, it's you, the unions told you what they were going to do, you should have believed them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)