+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Racism “scandal” at the Palace.

It wasn't an appropriate line of questioning but intention is important here. She clearly felt the repeated questioning was acceptable in finding out another individuals heritage and the fact she is from another generation probably played into this unintended offence. I don't think she has tried to be racist or offensive, just curious.

However, I do feel Fulani was far too quick to go to the media around this issue. I imagine she was only slightly offended but the consequence of that is we have a long standing servant of the crown branded a racist, forced to resign and her name is smeared by every media outlet in the country. A quiet chat in the ear of a senior palace official could have lead to a much better outcome for all involved. She could have even offered to teach her about why it was inappropriate.

I do wonder how much money Fulani was given for publicising the remarks.

Saw this on F/B today which makes interesting reading.

Name:  2B486717-5201-4493-B25F-DD8E86923222.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  19.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    Saw this on F/B today which makes interesting reading.

Name:  2B486717-5201-4493-B25F-DD8E86923222.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  19.2 KB
    Interesting article Tipps, problem is that it is difficult to read. I got the drift but couldn't quite understand all of it. What is the name of the charity that Fulani represents as I couldn't decipher it?

Sorry about the quality Leics but it tested my minimal cut and paste knowledge. The charity is called Sistah Space of which she is the sole employee. According to the report she paid herself 65k last year but there was was 140k of income unaccounted for. They have also been fined for not producing audited accounts on time as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    Sorry about the quality Leics but it tested my minimal cut and paste knowledge. The charity is called Sistah Space of which she is the sole employee. According to the report she paid herself 65k last year but there was was 140k of income unaccounted for. They have also been fined for not producing audited accounts on time as well.
    also read somewhere along the way.the charity as is Sistah space only gave the charity 5k.

The problem is that you don't know what to believe these days. Having said the that, I have to admit that the whole thing sounds dodgy to me. It obviously needs the authorities to look into it.

Fulani isn't even her real name

Quote Originally Posted by wba13 View Post
    My take on this not my words but I totally agree.
    , seeking to sugarcoat what was clear racism. Their reasoning broadly seems to be as follows:
    It's acceptable for people who are above a certain age threshold to be racist
    Someone who has presumably travelled the world with the Queen for many years, experiencing many cultures, faiths and creeds in the process, and who will have had countless briefings that royal staff receive on what is and isn't acceptable, should nevertheless should be excused for naive ignorance in not understanding the simple fact that a person of colour can actually have been born in the UK.
    People born in the UK shouldn't dress culturally, but in a way which emphasises their "Britishness" (no doubt also waving little Union Flags at every opportunity). Perhaps those who believe this can outline what appropriate attire is to ensure that we all follow this requirement? Perhaps people from the UK should only be allowed to have certain hairstyles as well?
    Despite someone stating very clearly where they're from, it's fine to keep badgering them about it on the assumption that they must be lying
    Ngozi Fulani must have exaggerated it or made it up, despite the fact that others overheard the conversation. No doubt they're making it up too, this being more palatable to some people than entertaining the idea that it actually happened.
    It shouldn't be reported because there are more important things going on. Some will be saying the same about the World Cup, the daily updates we were given on Matt Hancock in the jungle and/or the latest antics of the clearly insane Kanye West, to name but a few.
    If indeed Lady Hussey is "batty", why was she at given a prominent role at the reception (hosted by the Queen Consort) where this happened? Also, why does she continue to be employed if she can't properly discharge her duties?

Who gives a f uck what an old lady said to be honest. Many old people are blinkered with their views but it’s how they grew up, I know a lady who is 85 and turns the television off if a black person comes on. She’s certainly not a vocal racist and that’s just her way albeit totally out of touch and wrong. She’s harmless though and actually a nice old dear!

I would rather have 10,000 Lady Hussey’s than Harry and Meghan who are trashing the Royal Family to make millions for their own back pockets ! Let’s put this into perspective! Meghan mentioned she was offended due to the N word! What a deceitful woman - she does not even look the slightest bit black and more Hispanic if anything! Yeah right - she was really offended but not offended enough to now make millions by trashing the royal family!

As Regis said and agreed - I also have no time for any kind of hatred or racist abuse - it’s cruel and disgusting! That said things like taking the knee and rainbow laces are laughable - a complete joke in a sporting event!

The England team took the knee against the USA which came over to the U.K. in support of a dangerous crack head who pointed a gun at a pregnant woman. The irony of this was the USA team did not take the knee. All the millions watching in the USA seeng the England team take the knee and not their own country must have thought - what a bunch of clowns!

We now hear about a migrant who died in the U.K. and all hell breaks loose. Was this person not in a tent in mud puddles in France? What about hundreds of deaths daily in Ukraine of people executed and thrown in shallow graves or young girls raped! Does this not matter? But we hear about that poor migrant instead FFS!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)