+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are you from?

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Matelot View Post
    I am not defending the 'Activist from Hackney' but even I feel uncomfortabloe as to how the conversation went.

Here is the full conversation, as recounted by Ms Fulani:

Lady SH: Where are you from?
    Me: Sistah Space.
    SH: No, where do you come from?
    Me: We're based in Hackney.
    SH: No, what part of Africa are you from?
    Me: I don't know, they didn't leave any records.
    SH: Well, you must know where you're from, I spent time in France. Where are you from?
    Me: Here, the UK.
    SH: No, but what nationality are you?
    Me: I am born here and am British.
    SH: No, but where do you really come from, where do your people come from?
    Me: 'My people', lady, what is this?
    SH: Oh I can see I am going to have a challenge getting you to say where you're from. When did you first come here?
    Me: Lady! I am a British national, my parents came here in the 50s when...
    SH: Oh, I knew we'd get there in the end, you're Caribbean!
    Me: No lady, I am of African heritage, Caribbean descent and British nationality.
    SH: Oh so you're from...
    Have these dudes ever truly thought about how others see them? A little self-reflection can go a long way. Black pride my arse.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainm...569b0392d419c5

You tell 'em James...

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...A1%26PC%3dU531

"'Why has India never won the World Cup? Because every time they get a corner, they build a shop on it.' I'm sorry but how is this OK?"

I'm sorry, but how is this not OK ?

"SH: No, but where do you really come from, where do your people come from?
    Me: 'My people', lady, what is this?"

What an odd thing for this black lady to get upset about, I've heard 'our people' or 'my people' used on numerous occasions by representatives of black communities.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    "'Why has India never won the World Cup? Because every time they get a corner, they build a shop on it.' I'm sorry but how is this OK?"

I'm sorry, but how is this not OK ?
    I heard Bernard Manning tell this joke at his Embassy club in about 1981, but substitute India for Pakistan. How have times changed eh?

Same evening a bloke of obvious Japanese descent stood up to go and relieve himself, quick as a flash Bernie shouted, "Oi you sit down, you look like a fecking Jap sniper, and you might be going to hide behind the bloody aspidistra to shoot me!"

If we wish to be pedantic one of the terms the so anti-racist brigade like to use is "A Person of Colour". Well, the last time I looked on a colour chart "White" was also included.

I am concerned that these so called, anti-racists are in fact the cause of most of the racial tension in the country.

From my point of view, I do not care what colour a person's skin is or what religion they like to subscribe too, if they are alright with me then I will be alright with them.

Turn up to an event in a flowing Afro-Caribbean dress and be shocked when some old lady asks where you come from? Escalate it all into being a racist question, media get hold of it and objective, as per agenda, is achieved.

The only thing to do these days is to ignore everybody, but then, if you are spoken to by someone and ignore them, they could easily accuse you of being racist if it fits their agenda.

This whole topic p*sses me off because it is so imprecise and displays a fundamental ignorance of English language.

To discriminate in this context is to recognise cultural differences. Having lived there for many years I can say that both Caymanians and Swiss are culturally very different from the English.

That is not a criticism. It is simply a fact.

If I were to say that, as a result, The English are superior, that is racism.

I acknowledge that discrimination can also mean treating people differently. That is a different matter.

Asking someone where they come from is no different to BT asking me where I come from. The telling difference is that I am not black!

I suppose if you look hard enough you will find examples of racism everywhere...

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...f47fde3c7e4643

The ball's gone over the line wherever you look.

This lady is accusing all of us as being racist which, for those of us who are not racist, is a cause for concern.
    Let's be honest, she has proved nothing with all this except to try to point a finger at the Royal family and they have fallen for it hook, line and sinker.
    A real racist would not be the least bit bothered by her accusations because they thrive on the fact that they are getting under the skin of ethnic people and would be more than happy with her outbursts.

This has all been a big set-up in her desire to back up Meghan with all her claims. If Ngozi Fulani is so anti the Royal family why does she accept an invitation to go to the Palace to meet a person who she accused of domestic violence against Meghan, who still sticks to her royal title, in spite of being totally against the establishment.

It is time people opened their eyes and started to think for themselves instead of being led by the media into thinking what 'they' want you to think.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)