+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dunfermline v Qos

Quote Originally Posted by Threefivetwo View Post
    Understand what you're saying there Jardi, however consistent crowd sizes in relation to those clubs may be due to them being (arguably) historically bigger clubs, particularly Dunfermline.

Might be conjecture on my part as I have absolutely no knowledge in terms of what the budget of any of the clubs are however looking at the players playing at all full-time clubs in league 1, I'd hazard a guess that QoS are not far behind, if at all.

Therefore given the fickle nature of fans (rightly so at times as most put a lot of hard earned cash into the clubs), they will look at the playing/managing side of things and blame that.
    Strange then that the Falkirk supporters have stayed loyally behind their club regardless of playing in the First Division for a number of seasons now and under numerous managers.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Strange then that the Falkirk supporters have stayed loyally behind their club regardless of playing in the First Division for a number of seasons now and under numerous managers.
    So what are you saying spike. That it’s the fans fault that we are in this mess? Falkirks fans have a tidy stadium and what appears to be some ambition about them in the signings they have made and the manager they have brought in. We play in a birds toilet and everything done on the cheap. We have this thing about being full time and imo that doesn’t matter. In fact it’s a hindrance as we lose out on so many players at this level who will only play part time

I'm not seeing the pint you're making. You've literally answered your own question. They keep going out of loyalty to their club

Quote Originally Posted by Threefivetwo View Post
    I'm not seeing the pint you're making. You've literally answered your own question. They keep going out of loyalty to their club
    Yes they remain loyal regardless of the management and board which has got them to where they are now unlike the Queens support that has gradually ebbed away.

Threefivetwo you make the most succinct deduction; Queens are not far behind (if at all) therefore a little more positivity should be in order which should help to increase our own attendances and take the pressure of our rookie manager and BOD who are clearly punching above their weight. Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting all is well, I just think we need collectively to be more realistic and to err on the positivity rather than the negativity.

Yes they remain loyal regardless of the management and board which has got them to where they are now unlike the Queens support that has gradually ebbed away.
    Spike you are quite right in what you say but if there is no entertainment on the pitch, and there is nothing appealing about the stadium and it’s a cold wet day and the club ask for £18 to come and watch a poor game, as that’s what it generally is, then loads are going to say bugger that.

Falkirk as a town have a stadium and club that are ambitious and on the up. We are going in totally the opposite direction with a ground that is a shambles and mostly a team to match. The frustrating part is that sometimes we see the odd spark in this team which could give us a shot at the playoffs, but that’s a big could!

Quote Originally Posted by fatfan View Post
    Spike you are quite right in what you say but if there is no entertainment on the pitch, and there is nothing appealing about the stadium and it’s a cold wet day and the club ask for £18 to come and watch a poor game, as that’s what it generally is, then loads are going to say bugger that.

Falkirk as a town have a stadium and club that are ambitious and on the up. We are going in totally the opposite direction with a ground that is a shambles and mostly a team to match. The frustrating part is that sometimes we see the odd spark in this team which could give us a shot at the playoffs, but that’s a big could!
    Falkirk Fc only own 1 stand in the ground they play on and owe a lot of money be lucky to last the season... Hence trying to sell a £5k 10 year season ticket 😂.
    Rather been in Queens position owning the stadium and no Debt....

Every team chases the dream, - but the reality is that not every team can achieve it.

King Dobbie is correct, let's appreciate what we have and nurture the natural talent of young Gibson.

If King Dobbie is correct with regards to Falkirk, - then that is a crazy situation to be in and sounds like a nightmare to me.

Despite huge crowds Falkirk are still in a financial mess ffs…..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)