+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Matchday thread: Rams v Owls

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    NML out for 3 or 4 weeks rA.
    Think he’s had 3 of those. DT reporting that he could still be back tomorrow, but Warne seems to have his head screwed on regarding players being brought back too early and risking further prolonged injury.
    Maybe a last thirty minutes match changing cameo will be the order of the day.

Disappointing result and game, if mcGoldricks early effort hadn’t been saved by the goalies arse we’d have seen a different game IMO. Wednesday not up to much, Bannon as quiet as I’ve ever seen, we just weren’t good enough to take advantage. Forsyth MOM, a man reborn recently, Wildsmith the game saver with his 2nd half stop. Throw ins are still being wasted, we don’t seem to have a clue, and hopeful long balls to Collins likewise, he doesn’t win anything in the air. Cashin is definitely the new Todd, immaculate in defence but awful distribution at times. Nice to see NML back although he made little impact. Onwards to Burton

Edit: special mention for the West Stand bellboy!
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 03-12-2022 at 05:42 PM.

I wasn't at the game so only had Radio Derby to go by. Seemed a bit of a bore draw, but would have taken a point before the match so not upset at all.

Forsyth easily motm.

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    Forsyth easily motm.
    Keeping Curtis Davies out at this rate! Maybe Cashin will make way?

Quote Originally Posted by Ramshank72 View Post
    Keeping Curtis Davies out at this rate! Maybe Cashin will make way?
    Will we go back to 3 at the back? I thought both were excellent yesterday. More impressive from Fozzy considered hes on his wrong side too.

Will we go back to 3 at the back? I thought both were excellent yesterday. More impressive from Fozzy considered hes on his wrong side too.
    Hope not, we seem so much better with 4 at the back.

I forecast 2-2, got the draw bit right. Pretty even game. Possession 49-51, Shots 7-5. On target 3-2. Much of the game played out in midfield and got feisty at times. Another poor ref. Seemed to punish us yet let Wendy get away with similar and worse fouls.

Forsyth easily motm.
    Agreed.
    We seemed slow to renew his contract in the summer but he’s proved his value, not least as exactly the sort of ‘utility’ defender we need.
    At nearly 34 this late flowering career high spot is well deserved and long may it last, while also giving Curtis the time to get fitter and stronger.
    Not so disappointed with yesterday. Wednesday are likely to be up there at the end of the season and it was very even. A little bit of luck and the right signings in January and I still see no reason to change my optimism about a top 6 finish.

Yep, get two decent results in the next two games and it will look pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Agreed.
    We seemed slow to renew his contract in the summer but he’s proved his value, not least as exactly the sort of ‘utility’ defender we need.
    At nearly 34 this late flowering career high spot is well deserved and long may it last, while also giving Curtis the time to get fitter and stronger.
    Not so disappointed with yesterday. Wednesday are likely to be up there at the end of the season and it was very even. A little bit of luck and the right signings in January and I still see no reason to change my optimism about a top 6 finish.
    Didn't that have a lot to do with our not being allowed to renew his contract rather than any DCFC dillydallying?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)