+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The Cricket.....WOW!

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    I think that you need to stop smoking those Moroccan Woodbines Boingy. It's just not cricket!
    Lol, I can’t even find the thread I was supposed to answer on now anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    The person who invented predictive text should burn in hello…😎😇

Pakistan 228-5

Pakistan need 115 runs to win.
    Bad light indicates not much play beyond 12 on the final day.

How nailbiting was that? Just shows you that test match cricket can be just as exciting as any limited over cricket.

What a win, outstanding captaincy by Ben Stokes. What a great game test match cricket is.

England pulled off one of their greatest victories with a 74-run win over Pakistan in the first Test in Rawalpindi.

Fantastic performance. Five wickets for eigh**** runs in that final session. Brilliant captaincy by Be Stokes.

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    How nailbiting was that? Just shows you that test match cricket can be just as exciting as any limited over cricket.
    Quite right Tip.

It’s a bit sad that some men don’t “get” cricket.

I know that it befuddles some people how you can play for 5 days and end up with the match being a draw but that’s part of its beauty.

If Pakistan had won or even drawn after having been hammered for over 650 runs in that first day and a bit it would’ve been heroic from them.

I don’t think it’s going overboard to say that had they won, which they probably should’ve done from where they were after the first couple of hours of today, then that could well have rivalled our 81 Headingley Ashes win as the greatest victory of all time.

Once again under Stokes, England pull off an amazing win by virtue of not being scared to lose unlike most countries in most sports.

Brilliant all round by England
    They are taking a great approach to test cricket it’s not the first time they’ve opened up the test for a result under McCullum and Stokes
    Love the approach, may save test cricket (which I love and class as real cricket btw)

Awesome for England but also for the wider game in general I hope other teams take this approach

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieSingh View Post
    Brilliant all round by England
    They are taking a great approach to test cricket it’s not the first time they’ve opened up the test for a result under McCullum and Stokes
    Love the approach, may save test cricket (which I love and class as real cricket btw)

Awesome for England but also for the wider game in general I hope other teams take this approach
    It requires a captain abs a coach who are not scared of their own shadow BS.

Too many coaches are scared for their jobs,too many captains scared of their stats.

Root and Cook were both painful captains, captaincy by numbers and absolutely no invention at all.

I love the way Will Jacks came straight in, was trusted and got 6 wickets in that first innings and got his runs at his usual lightening pace.

This is courtesy of a captain and coach who recognise talent and give it its head.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)