+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The Cricket.....WOW!

I have never taken to the limited overs competitions at all.
    Always only a test man. Great game...didn't see it but was following it all along.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    Always only a test man. Great game...didn't see it but was following it all along.
    You can get daily highlight on YowTube as we call it here in the Black Country!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iShOliLiwAA

The taking of the final wicket was something to behold - practically every England player surrounding the wicket!! As for Anderson, he is 40 and to see him in action you feel he easily has another 2-3 years in him. One of the greatest bowlers that I have ever seen

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iShOliLiwAA

The taking of the final wicket was something to behold - practically every England player surrounding the wicket!! As for Anderson, he is 40 and to see him in action you feel he easily has another 2-3 years in him. One of the greatest bowlers that I have ever seen
    Anderson is the equivalent of Tom Brady in the NFL.

Brady is the GOAT ( greatest of all time ) and at 45 still elite quality and looking to continue even though he’s older than any other QB in history and 7 years older than his nearest aged QB.

Anderson is now only 36 wickets away from cricket bowling GOAT Shane Warne, I’m sure he’ll pass him during the next 12 months.

Cheating chucker Muralitheran is top of the pile on 800 wickets and he’d need to bowl for another 3 to 4 years to get ahead of that serial cheat which might be a bridge too far.

He’s as ready played 30 to 40 more Tests than any other bowler other than Stuart broad who he’s 17 matches ahead of, that in itself is a tribute to his fitness.

Why stop when you’re that good and that fit just to then sit and talk about the game for the next 35 years?

I think he’ll want to play until we are the number one Test side again, he’ll certainly want to play this next summer Ashes and maybe finish by winning the next away Ashes series.

He could be around until 44-45 with Stokes as captain such is the ride we are now on.

Think of all the games we would have lost in the past if we had a climate like Australia, or the West Indies.
    I couldn't sit there for five days and on the last day it rained and it's called a draw. Ridiculous.
    If you accept decisions like that you can't be bothered if they win or not. But that's the English mentality, it's not about winning it's about how you play.
    Tell that to the likes of Dennis Lillee and Jeff Thompson.

Well poised with a good chance for a results..

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    Think of all the games we would have lost in the past if we had a climate like Australia, or the West Indies.
    I couldn't sit there for five days and on the last day it rained and it's called a draw. Ridiculous.
    If you accept decisions like that you can't be bothered if they win or not. But that's the English mentality, it's not about winning it's about how you play.
    Tell that to the likes of Dennis Lillee and Jeff Thompson.
    You know f u c k all about cricket, we usually beat Lillee and Tompson.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post

We’ve been a bit naive in this one, with so much time available we needed to give them a target of 450 not 355.

Pakistani will win this one.

Another magnificent victory by 26 runs - I dislike the term bazball this is just positive aggressive cricket with a brilliant captain at the helm

Totally agree Phil. It is the positive attitude that has prevailed in these two games. Never been a great fan of Stokes but I have to put my hands up and say that he is doing a tremendous job at the moment. Long my it continue especially into the Ashes series next year.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)