+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Score, scorers and attendance predictions vs. Scųnthorpe United 03.12.22 [NL]

Looks like the game is still going ahead. Club statement...

"S****horpe United can confirm that a deal has been agreed for the acquisition of the club by the local group headed by Simon Elliott and Ian Sharp.

The club will now work with them during the final due diligence and transition into their ownership over the coming weeks.

Peter Swann said: “We needed to ensure that the club wages for November were paid as soon as possible, which will happen later today or tomorrow thanks to the deal and ensure the long-term future of the football club with new investment.”

Simon and Ian are heading to S****horpe right now to finalise the details and prepare for the game on Saturday versus Notts County.

More details will follow in due course."

Scunny takeover gets closer. Good for them.

S****horpe United have moved a step closer to a takeover after a local group headed by Simon Elliott and Ian Sharp agreed a deal to buy the club.

The next step will be for the group to follow due diligence procedures and begin the transfer of the ownership.

Owner Peter Swann confirmed the deal would allow the club to pay staff wages, which are currently outstanding.

"[It will] ensure the long-term future of the football club with new investment," he told the club website.

Swann, who has been in charge at S****horpe since 2012 but had a sometimes strained relationship with fans, resigned as chairman in March stating he felt it would improve the chances of attracting interested parties.

BBC Radio Humberside confirmed a deal from a London-based group had fallen through earlier this week through failure to provide proof of funds.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63825478

''Our owners are from an incredibly wealthy family and have already invested @ 10 million already in NCFC''. Tell me more Paul.....

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    ''Our owners are from an incredibly wealthy family and have already invested @ 10 million already in NCFC''. Tell me more Paul.....
    Indeed

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Indeed
    Mace-Face also said they, (The Broz), were a ''level above'' the likes of the Trewster and WhipNob when it comes to providing investment for NCFC, very interesting. What caught my attention is that Mace-Face seemed very confident of his statement, hmmmmmm.........
    Last edited by countygump; 01-12-2022 at 08:21 PM.

Well you've always wanted to know their true wealth and much filters down from papa.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Well you've always wanted to know their true wealth and much filters down from papa.
    Yeah I did, but we've always had so little info to go on. OK, Mace-Face may not be the most reliable source but, who knows ay?

Mace-Face also said they, (The Broz), were a ''level above'' the likes of the Trewster and WhipNob when it comes to providing investment for NCFC, very interesting. What caught my attention is that Mace-Face seemed very confident of his statement, hmmmmmm.........
    Please tell me he didn't say it's "cast iron" or "95% certain".

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Please tell me he didn't say it's "cast iron" or "95% certain".
    Nah, he did say he was stone cold certain of his info though.

Scunny 0-2 Notts (Rodrigues, Langstaff)

1,605 Notts fans.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast