+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dee4Life Chairman’s monthly update

Quote Originally Posted by scottg View Post

Also think it would be good to hear from people who have reasons for not joining.
    I remember an ex chairman taking to the mike in the centre circle and addressing the supporters. That was enough for me. Most are in it for the kudos.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I think the Americans hold the majority of issued shares, Islay will likely be able to confirm, so it wouldn't matter how many Dee4L could lay claim to they'd always have a minority.
    FPS hold 75% of the issued share capital.

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    I remember an ex chairman taking to the mike in the centre circle and addressing the supporters. That was enough for me. Most are in it for the kudos.
    I remember when that happened. I wasn't sure if he was going to do a turn which in hindsight might have been more enjoyable. it is pipped for cringyness though by the boy that used to dress in a suit and hi vis to do the half time shooty in or by that other clown who was fans rep for while and got over excited chasing Oor Willie at an auction. There's been a few crackers.

I'll always be grateful to those that did step up.

I didn't like the way it was going, it seemed like we were settling on becoming an Edinburgh, Arbroath, Stenny type model with little ambition......but that was my main criticism.

It's surely about the here and now though.

The here and now is a reasonable chunk of fans connected to the society who are the 2nd biggest shareholder are being completely ignored.

Nelms is attempting and to some extent succeeding in getting away with blue murder, namely making the club homeless without any planning in place.

All he has to do is reassure people this ain't the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I'll always be grateful to those that did step up.

I didn't like the way it was going, it seemed like we were settling on becoming an Edinburgh, Arbroath, Stenny type model with little ambition......but that was my main criticism.

It's surely about the here and now though.

The here and now is a reasonable chunk of fans connected to the society who are the 2nd biggest shareholder are being completely ignored.

Nelms is attempting and to some extent succeeding in getting away with blue murder, namely making the club homeless without any planning in place.

All he has to do is reassure people this ain't the case.

pretty much the way i see it,we as a club need all the fan groups together and publicly stating they are together other than what was generated via the dsa at the last statement,that being we will recommend to our member clubs to join d4l id have been much more happy with the following

we at dsa 100% have the same fears as d4l and hereby ask our member clubs to join d4l if they can

that or similar would have painted a much more vivid picture for any onlooker imo

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    Most are in it for the kudos.
    In my opinion this is not the case with the current D4L board. Again in my opinion only the current D4L board have the club and fans best interests at the core of what they are trying to achieve.

There is one fly in the ointment among them and he needs removed ASAP then i would say if he left/ resigned the remaining board members would be 100 creditable.

Quote Originally Posted by thegen65 View Post
    In my opinion this is not the case with the current D4L board. Again in my opinion only the current D4L board have the club and fans best interests at the core of what they are trying to achieve.

There is one fly in the ointment among them and he needs removed ASAP then i would say if he left/ resigned the remaining board members would be 100 creditable.
    Who's that then?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)