+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dee4Life Chairman’s monthly update

Dee4Life is twenty years old next year, it has been during that time different things to different people. It was born out of necessity, it’s ours and we can make it look, feel and sound like anything we want. To be successful it needs to be able to adapt and change, I believe it has done that. The current issues are different from what they were in 2003, there are different people running it and different people supporting it.
    When it was set up it was to address an issue and do what we could to keep the club alive, right now I think there number one priority is to avoid a problem. If people are content to let the ball roll, or close their eyes and hope everything is going to be alright that’s up to them.

Quote Originally Posted by dayster View Post
    The bit I struggle with in that argument is that D4L fundamentally is the same organisation, members didn’t agree with a direction the trust board were taken at the time, being a democratic organisation they were able to vote to change direction of the trust and accept the FPS investment. D4L was never voted out - it performed exactly as the members decided it would
    Members voted to accept the FPS proposed investment and to remove, in its entirety, the sitting club board.

Voted out by most measures and certainly the way I remember it, especially considering that the sitting board was dead set against the takeover and did their utmost to convince us all to vote against it.

Were some of the existing Dee4L board members not also voted from that board and replaced by others who had been in discussions with FPS beforehand?

Quote Originally Posted by scottg View Post
    Dee4Life is twenty years old next year, it has been during that time different things to different people. It was born out of necessity, it’s ours and we can make it look, feel and sound like anything we want. To be successful it needs to be able to adapt and change, I believe it has done that. The current issues are different from what they were in 2003, there are different people running it and different people supporting it.
    When it was set up it was to address an issue and do what we could to keep the club alive, right now I think there number one priority is to avoid a problem. If people are content to let the ball roll, or close their eyes and hope everything is going to be alright that’s up to them.
    Sadly, many of those who did so much to help save the club twice are happy to roll over and have their tummies tickled when there seems to be another very real threat, but of a different kind, to its identity if not its very existence.

Or are some of us seeing a threat that isn't actually there?

As long as the club remains uncommunicative the former seems most likely.

Frustrates me so it must frustrate those on D4L board that they seem to be held to much higher standards than the deaf head spinning mute.

Irritating

Quote Originally Posted by scottg View Post
    we need to find a town crier to keep everyone upto date with whats going on,d4l will hopefully get 1 soon ,the more fans who know d4l's fears the better and that will also see the member numbers increase,hit media in all areas

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Members voted to accept the FPS proposed investment and to remove, in its entirety, the sitting club board.

Voted out by most measures and certainly the way I remember it, especially considering that the sitting board was dead set against the takeover and did their utmost to convince us all to vote against it.

Were some of the existing Dee4L board members not also voted from that board and replaced by others who had been in discussions with FPS beforehand?
    Yes, that’s the point I was making the members were able to steer the trust to vote the way they wanted and remove the directors that they no longer felt represented their views. So the democratic organisation worked.

Quote Originally Posted by dayster View Post
    Yes, that’s the point I was making the members were able to steer the trust to vote the way they wanted and remove the directors that they no longer felt represented their views. So the democratic organisation worked.
    Damage was done before that. There were a few individuals that made FPS look like a great option.

Another week since the last correspondence.......and I'm assuming no response.

2nd biggest shareholder representing 10% of hard core support being ignored.

On it goes.

I have a very small inherited shareholding in DFC. Would Dee4life collecting my vote by proxy and any other minority shareholders make any difference?

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I have a very small inherited shareholding in DFC. Would Dee4life collecting my vote by proxy and any other minority shareholders make any difference?
    I think the Americans hold the majority of issued shares, Islay will likely be able to confirm, so it wouldn't matter how many Dee4L could lay claim to they'd always have a minority.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)