+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Peterborough United v Barnsley Match Thoughts

Golden booit fo Phillips ⚽️🚩

Leaving the result aside - the first 30 minutes of the 1st half was the best I’ve seen this season.
    Then against the run of play they give a poor goal away - Williams trotting back behind their goalscorer was weak.

2nd half was a scrap - but the players stood up to it.
    Overall a great performance in the 1st half and a fighting performance in the 2nd half.
    A well deserved 3 points.

Good 3 points and fully deserved , a real workmen like performance and some decent stuff played especially in the first twenty minutes .

Equally impressed with how we shut the game down once we regained the lead and held on pretty comfortably to be honest .

Hopefully Edwards and Benson aren't hurt too badly .

We all know what needs strengthening in January to cement that play off spot although Philips is providing a real boost with his goals .

Williams your new Woodrow Nudge give the lad a break !

I think we’ve laid the marker tonight.
    Sitting fourth with three games to go before the half way mark.
    A very good game to watch at this level.
    Posh lost their way with the substitutions taking off two of their better players. Not complaining like.
    All the teams in the leagues top eight positions to play at Oakwell.

Let’s hope the board hold their nerve during the January transfer window. We will be judging them by their actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Leaving the result aside - the first 30 minutes of the 1st half was the best I’ve seen this season.
    Then against the run of play they give a poor goal away - Williams trotting back behind their goalscorer was weak.

Overall a great performance in the 1st half and a fighting performance in the 2nd half.
    Spot on. That first half hour was great to watch, high press with some good slick passing and chances created. Very solid away performance by the Reds. Posh dint lay a glove on us in 2nd aif.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post

Thought it was Connell that let him run past him YN .

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    Williams your new Woodrow Nudge give the lad a break !
    If Williams stops losing concentration he'll find less criticism coming at him. I agree wi Nudger. Williams was sauntering back and completely let his man in for a goal we shouldn't have conceded when we were well on top. Lads have dug Williams arta sh1t toneet fo me.

33 points from 19 Games so far and if we carry on picking points up at the same rate we will end up with 79 .

79 normally would get you a play off spot so we are bang on target to achieve a top 6 spot .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    33 points from 19 Games so far and if we carry on picking points up at the same rate we will end up with 79 .

79 normally would get you a play off spot so we are bang on target to achieve a top 6 spot .
    Owt could happen really. We could sell Mads and Phillips(who looks a very good player to me) or have injuries to our threadbare strikeforce or the board could back Duff and build on the good work he's doing. Feck knows what the situation will be come 31st January. Pretty much been like this for years now at Barnsley.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Owt could happen really. We could sell Mads and Phillips(who looks a very good player to me) or have injuries to our threadbare strikeforce or the board could back Duff and build on the good work he's doing. Feck knows what the situation will be come 31st January. Pretty much been like this for years now at Barnsley.
    Duff deserves to be backed in January considering what he's done with the square root of feck all .

Not only that the club and supporters were on the floor after last season's debacle and he's done a remarkable job .

It's not the best league one Barnsley side I've seen by a long shot but he's getting the max out of what he's got .

Got to back the guy in January for me .

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast