+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Peterborough United v Barnsley Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    If Williams stops losing concentration he'll find less criticism coming at him. I agree wi Nudger. Williams was sauntering back and completely let his man in for a goal we shouldn't have conceded when we were well on top. Lads have dug Williams arta sh1t toneet fo me.
    In my opinion in all the games I’ve watched this season except most of the last Port Vale game ( Every one ) we are a better balanced side when Williams plays and would also say that most players get dug out of the sh1t during the course of the season.

I suggest a watch of the replay of this particular instance.

Im not disputing what he gives to the team Poggy and I agree that he gives us balance. However, I genuinely think that letting his man go like he did was very poor. Fundamental rules of defending and its not the first time that its happened by any means. I think its because Williams likes to play on the front foot therefore he's hoping we deal with the danger then he's available to the team in an attacking sense. Trouble is wi doing that, it allows your opponent a couple of yards on you and its too late to recover by then.

I've just had the craziest idea come to my head , so crazy it might just come off .

How's about we inquire about taking Cauley back on loan in January for the rest of the season .

I'm thinking he isn't pulling any trees up at Luton and we could get him back up here under Duff and get him firing again .

Could work very well for both ourselves and Luton .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I've just had the craziest idea come to my head , so crazy it might just come off .

How's about we inquire about taking Cauley back on loan in January for the rest of the season .

I'm thinking he isn't pulling any trees up at Luton and we could get him back up here under Duff and get him firing again .

Not that crazy actually Animal it could well work and I’d be happy with that !

Too big an ego. Leave him in the smoke

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Im not disputing what he gives to the team Poggy and I agree that he gives us balance. However, I genuinely think that letting his man go like he did was very poor. Fundamental rules of defending and its not the first time that its happened by any means. I think its because Williams likes to play on the front foot therefore he's hoping we deal with the danger then he's available to the team in an attacking sense. Trouble is wi doing that, it allows your opponent a couple of yards on you and its too late to recover by then.
    I understand what you are saying pass but I’m sure Williams is playing to orders and with the energy he puts in then tactically where is the fall back cover. In my opinion wing back is one of the most difficult roles to play.

Anyway the best performance of the season so far and as I said earlier we’ve put a marker down, in fact a very good marker, we need to keep it going. A long way to go though !

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Too big an ego. Leave him in the smoke
    Nowt wrong with a big ego Jules if you are putting the ball in the onion bag .

I wouldn't be surprised if this happens , yes he had a terrible spell here last season , being made captain was a big mistake in hindsight , he ended up wanting to do everything and finished up hardly doing owt , I'd certainly welcome him back ego or not never go back or what ? Nobody I've seen at Oakwell in the last few years has had a bigger ego than Hammil , he came back knuckled down and was a revelation , I'm not saying it will happen if Cauley did come back , but with Duff now in charge (a proper coach) instead of the poor coaches Cauley played under , if the opportunity arises ?We'd be daft to turn it down ,

I think it's a bit harsh the criticism that Williams is getting , every player at each Club in this division is well capable of making mistakes , ( it's the 3rd division ) if they didn't have a mistake in them they certainly wouldn't be playing for us , Pleased with win tonight , good hard working performance by all , apart from a 20 min spell Posh couldn't cope with us , their 2 wide player's looked handy though , scoreline doesn't do justice to the performance we should have had at least another goal , but it's another 3 pts , Worrying thing now is tonight's injuries , 2 more bookings too ,,, suspensions looming ,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    I think it's a bit harsh the criticism that Williams is getting , every player at each Club in this division is well capable of making mistakes , ( it's the 3rd division ) if they didn't have a mistake in them they certainly wouldn't be playing for us , Pleased with win tonight , good hard working performance by all , apart from a 20 min spell Posh couldn't cope with us , their 2 wide player's looked handy though , scoreline doesn't do justice to the performance we should have had at least another goal , but it's another 3 pts , Worrying thing now is tonight's injuries , 2 more bookings too ,,, suspensions looming ,,,
    You have stolen my thunder & put exactly in words what I was thinking, Williams has been very good this season & we are a better side with him in the team, I get the impression that some of our fans watch too much premier league & expect our third division players to be top class & above making mistakes , well there is a reason why they are at this level & that is because they are good footballers but not top players & they will make errors but this lad has had some serious set backs in his career but has got the guts to keep bouncing back & to be honest he should get the backing from the fans . p.s , I agree with Animals suggestion of getting Woodrow back if we could , he would be a perfect addition given where we are now & the experience he has , his proven firepower at this level coupled with his experience of a promotion push would be a big asset to Duff & his squad .

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast