+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Peterborough United v Barnsley Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I've just had the craziest idea come to my head , so crazy it might just come off .

How's about we inquire about taking Cauley back on loan in January for the rest of the season .

I'm thinking he isn't pulling any trees up at Luton and we could get him back up here under Duff and get him firing again .

Could work very well for both ourselves and Luton .
    Aye, and bring Morris with him 😁

The win was what i call a "proper result".

I didn't take much notice of wins against poor teams like Forest Green and MK Dons but this win against a top ten rival suggests a Play Off place is possible by next May.

Duff has played the cards dealt to him--an overload of defenders and midfielders and little up front--very well by coaching the midfielders to push through to score. I hope the Board back him in January by not selling key players and bring in the odd loan. We are skint so anything could happen

Duff said: “I don’t know about Tom. It looked like a clash of knees but it might be a twist, hopefully not.

“Benno was a hamstring. We got him off straight away.

“We are light on numbers so it will be a challenge to get through the next month because you look at the amount of players we’re using and there are not many.”

Duff is developing his "Flitcroft Nicknames" skills. In last few days we have had--

--"Nors" for Norwood

--"Benno" for Benson

A long way to go to reach the level of "Tangs" for Nyatanga but a good start.

Name:  063DF927-AC8C-40F6-B3B2-0D3221E9E4B8.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  13.5 KB

Way offside the build up to their goal with Kitchen’s arm in the air and the line woman way off the pace.
    Last edited by POGGYWELL; 03-12-2022 at 10:01 AM.

I’ll never tire of seeing that Luke Connell goal, it’s one of the cleanest strikes of a ball I’ve seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydo View Post
    I’ll never tire of seeing that Luke Connell goal, it’s one of the cleanest strikes of a ball I’ve seen.
    Keeper never moved , great strike .

Good result and other ones went our way too - onwards and upwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Good result and other ones went our way too - onwards and upwards.
    Very true, picked up3 points on Plymouth , 2 on Ipswich , Wendies , Derby & Bolton plus of course the 3 we got on the Posh , not sure when or who Pompey play but them dropping points would be a Billy Bonus.

I think a team to keep an eye on is Port Vale. Seen them a couple of times this season and the look a decent side.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast