+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 1-0 to the railwaymen

I've heard that there could be a long winded low depression heading our way.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    If you really knew that I left school at 15 and then by night school and other studies achieved a B.Sc. in Engineering and then becoming a Chartered Engineer and member of a senior engineering institution after obtaining that qualification which was essential afetr getting an HNC and C&G and then becoming a senior manager you would not say anything iike that. From a home of twelve kids, half illiterate, no books and parents not interested at all, all done by me via personal dedication to self achievement it would make your head spin.

To me its not tedious because I played football from I don't know aged 5 to 26 and never had a lesson in my life but got better with age. I played golf for 50 years to a single figure handicap and bought a few books on various techniques of playing golf but again didn't need any human being to progress.

I am really not sure what the relevance of the first paragraph is. But with regard to the books on golf, were they generated by magic? or by someone who has made a living out of teaching golf?

Mike. you talk tripe, but you are more than entitled to do it as people are entitled to rip your points to shreds. Jimmy Greaves, great footballer that he was, would not have thrived in todays game.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    I am really not sure what the relevance of the first paragraph is. But with regard to the books on golf, were they generated by magic? or by someone who has made a living out of teaching golf?

Mike. you talk tripe, but you are more than entitled to do it as people are entitled to rip your points to shreds. Jimmy Greaves, great footballer that he was, would not have thrived in todays game.
    Everyone talks tripe depending on one's point of view!

My first para was in response to you suggesting my mind is closed etc...and I was so proud of what I achieved and like saying it once every 30 years . Every sports fan can have a different opinion but can do that without personal insults and that was my point...Jimmy Greaves was great based on the time of poor pitches and more important very agressive defenders...You should have seen him play as I did and even Frank Lord scoring all his goals by heading mostly. What I was/am saying is that these players didn't want or need amateur minded coaches trying to tell them HOW to play this game. And in my closed mind opinion don't need to now..And to put the spare cash into buying players ready to play and not in 15 years time IF they were good enough. I read golf books but never a football skills book and was making the point you can learn by visual aids like books and a computer even university degrees without the need of humans and that is all..Football has deteriorated these last decades like Tennis has with hardly any tennis skills based on baseline bashing of the ball and personally would not pay a fiver to watch an England match or a tennis match but that could be age related...

I suggest 10 years of 'coaching' by other humans is not essential or preferable based even on last season's results...Good years and bad years as there as always been...The sixties was a great time to be an Alex fan...

Quote Originally Posted by MeForCrewe View Post
    I've heard that there could be a long winded low depression heading our way.
    When I was in the air cadets and flew solo I used to study weather patterns and just let me know if you need any more detail. Its not as cold as it used to be...

I also study weather patterns so no more detail needed. Thanks for asking.

MSB is entitled to believe in whatever he likes regardless of any facts. However, we don't have to engage with a
    line continually repeated as there is no point.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    MSB is entitled to believe in whatever he likes regardless of any facts. However, we don't have to engage with a
    line continually repeated as there is no point.
    We?? What 3 or 4 fans?

I would rather go with the facts and others can believe what they want to...However, I don't need to have to engage with a line repeated here and that the Chairman virtually ruled out any other manager coming here based on his interviewing 4 candidates out of 54 applicants and asking them impossible questions re the academy and why we always fail by keeping it internally but it does save jobs and avoid paying redundancy out...

Fact 1. Academies only came in in recently compared with the history of football in England.

Fact 2. Are they or were they a success in England? No...See the facts of how many academy graduates get to play for the first team in Engalnd and we play them many times without success and with some success re the Championshipbut the last ten years not ONE academy player has got into the PL despite over 10 million pounds being spent on it here...That is a clear FACT and failure..

Fact 3. The club is wedded to an outdated concept that we can produce PL players for millions..See the history for factual evidence. 10 years coaching for one or two years in division 4 is not a success as most players can play lower 4th division stuff even National league players.

Fact 4. I haven't checked recently but less than two or three lower league clubs have Cat2 academies with many having far bigger gates than us and choose not to? That is FACT and go and check yourself. WHY don't they if Cat2 is such a great idea?

Fact 5. The club won't change this academy idea until we get a BoD committed to new ideas...Even the Chairman says he is frustrated with our performances on the pitch and yet keeps the status quo! Fact..

Fact 6. Seen our gates recently? Not much enthusiasm for our style of play and Cat2 academy then..What was the gate for FA cups? Worse than anytime in our history. I wonder why?

Fact 7. Unless you can come up with academy lads taken from here to PL club academies as you have stated. I have asked you twice to come up with the names and you have failed to do so...

Thing is when you are asking for FACTS then you will be beaten as I was trained to deal with FACTS and more important, to come up with resolutions to achieve success...Something the club has failed to do and that is FACT...they seem more interested in keeping non footballers in their jobs...As the Chairman has just stated and why the FACT is we will continue to struggle until the Board and fans accdept the reality of this game where RESULTS that count and even LB accepts that..

Many more facts but that will do for now...Don't worry though as I don't expect some fans here to reply to the FACTS of the case as they are obvious and will go with whatever the Board wants to do...Fair enough if you pay to see it but many don't and more will see the light and refuse to attend anymore.

That is a failure when there are alternatives that many clubs oursize have success when we can't by doing things differently. I can assume and it is an assumption that the PL/FA pay all or most of the academy cost otherwise they would have to change...But why is this club losing money then?

Oh another FACT...I always explain my thoughts when some just reply with Zzzzzzzz....

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    We?? What 3 or 4 fans?

I would rather go with the facts and others can believe what they want to...However, I don't need to have to engage with a line repeated here and that the Chairman virtually ruled out any other manager coming here based on his interviewing 4 candidates out of 54 applicants and asking them impossible questions re the academy and why we always fail by keeping it internally but it does save jobs and avoid paying redundancy out...

Fact 1. Academies only came in in recently compared with the history of football in England.

Fact 2. Are they or were they a success in England? No...See the facts of how many academy graduates get to play for the first team in Engalnd and we play them many times without success and with some success re the Championshipbut the last ten years not ONE academy player has got into the PL despite over 10 million pounds being spent on it here...That is a clear FACT and failure..

Fact 3. The club is wedded to an outdated concept that we can produce PL players for millions..See the history for factual evidence. 10 years coaching for one or two years in division 4 is not a success as most players can play lower 4th division stuff even National league players.

Fact 4. I haven't checked recently but less than two or three lower league clubs have Cat2 academies with many having far bigger gates than us and choose not to? That is FACT and go and check yourself. WHY don't they if Cat2 is such a great idea?

Fact 5. The club won't change this academy idea until we get a BoD committed to new ideas...Even the Chairman says he is frustrated with our performances on the pitch and yet keeps the status quo! Fact..

Fact 6. Seen our gates recently? Not much enthusiasm for our style of play and Cat2 academy then..What was the gate for FA cups? Worse than anytime in our history. I wonder why?

Fact 7. Unless you can come up with academy lads taken from here to PL club academies as you have stated. I have asked you twice to come up with the names and you have failed to do so...

Thing is when you are asking for FACTS then you will be beaten as I was trained to deal with FACTS and more important, to come up with resolutions to achieve success...Something the club has failed to do and that is FACT...they seem more interested in keeping non footballers in their jobs...As the Chairman has just stated and why the FACT is we will continue to struggle until the Board and fans accdept the reality of this game where RESULTS that count and even LB accepts that..

Many more facts but that will do for now...Don't worry though as I don't expect some fans here to reply to the FACTS of the case as they are obvious and will go with whatever the Board wants to do...Fair enough if you pay to see it but many don't and more will see the light and refuse to attend anymore.

That is a failure when there are alternatives that many clubs oursize have success when we can't by doing things differently. I can assume and it is an assumption that the PL/FA pay all or most of the academy cost otherwise they would have to change...But why is this club losing money then?

Oh another FACT...I always explain my thoughts when some just reply with Zzzzzzzz....
    Can’t believe I’m doing this, but…
    Am not going to respond to any of the above, except to say that I will continue to support the Alex (by attending every home game, and some away games) until I am physically unable to do so. I will not refuse to attend.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    Am not going to respond to any of the above, except to say that I will continue to support the Alex (by attending every home game, and some away games) until I am physically unable to do so. I will not refuse to attend.
    Well done. I put in my time going to games home and away but not well enough to go now. I only posted my previous post because gazan mentioned facts and they are all against what the club stands for now and most fans imo. Dario's idea was to get an academy almost full of potential PL players who would be able to play higher league and we could get 760K per season for a single player but the bubble burst and the BoD cannot see it..

We did get just under 10K fans back then, what 20 years ago? What is it now under 4K? So most fans decided something different and you know we should not be expecting to get beat 3-0 at home against Leyton Orient when we are supposed to have one of the best academies with potential PL players in it after 10 years of coaching. Its not supposed to work like that and remember we are a league LOWER than last season. How much does LO spend on their academy or even Port Vale, Accrington etc etc. I can only assume its the redundancy costs of sacking most of the non footballers that is the real problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    Ditto for me...am certainly not going to respond.....but certainly will continue to attend every match I can.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast