+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 1-0 to the railwaymen

I’ve just spent a few to many minutes formulating a reply in my head to Mike, trashing his arguments and explaining that times change. Then I remembered Timmy’s post, and thought “ I can’t be arsed either”.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    I’ve just spent a few to many minutes formulating a reply in my head to Mike, trashing his arguments and explaining that times change. Then I remembered Timmy’s post, and thought “ I can’t be arsed either”.
    What was the swear word for? Because you were beaten?

There are actually NO arguments to trash on my side unless you are aged under 40 and never watched football before academies and if you are over 40 then you really are not switched on to what football actually is...How many posters here have actually played this game as kids, as youths and as adults? I have done all three and watched thousnds of games both playing and watching and you are right in that the game has changed for the worse you should have added...90 odd minutes with a couple of shots on goal is not my idea of playing this very simple game which is to score goals and win games. Not 9 men BEHIND the ball holding off from attacking the opposition. There are nobody to match Bobby Charlton, George Best, Jimmy Greaves, Frank Lord, Rodney Jack type of skills, they are all now instructed to pass the ball and not take players on like they used to...I never enjoyed watching football since academies and kids got involved in the team. They really are passengers and why 90% of lower league clubs would not dream of having FA academies without subsidy. All players of the past got in the team out of natural ability and didn't need coaching ever. Why after 10 or 15 years in the academy the coaches like LB admit these under23 players need to play competitively in senior football. Why spend a million pounds per year when footballers come out of your ears world over. Ah it cos their cheap you say but they really are not cheap if one million is being spent on a wing and a prayer incase one out of one hundred come through as they would without academies. Its part of life that some will be good and most not so good and why we ditch so many academy players along the way. Of course you don't want to read these long posts as you disagree with all mine. Fair enough, 3000 fans can have a different opinion and post 3000 times here. Are you going to tell 2999 they are wrong as they don't fit into your small minded focus on youth football here. I've said most PL academy players under 23 never get into their first teams and generally cannot beat lower league teams, why is that? Ability anyone? Or ten years coaching not good enough then?

I've watched games and played this game without one coaching instruction and history is on my side. The pitches are far superior to the past, the players today are fitter as they have better facilities today but the basic skills and flair for playing this game went out a long time ago...and all the fees for watching this game and the players wages are ridiculous for 90 odd minutes of so called football..

Few serious people can disagree as they fail the test over and over but this Chartered Engineer was never one to disrgard the facts like most of you do...Take care and doubt anyone will reply but I re read the above and it really is quite good and all free....Not one player development coach needed that will surely save what 30-40 grand a year? . OK if you did read it, how much has been spent on our academy in the last ten years and 20 years? Tell us please how that equates to academy players not costing much here to play in the first team? Ten million say in the last ten years? That would have brought some pretty good players here from outside and ready for first team football..
    Last edited by MikeSB; 06-12-2022 at 05:56 PM.

Copy and paste it's far easier and quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by MeForCrewe View Post
    Well, nah, much easier to type and it keeps me on me toes...LOL..

Actually you make an interesting point.. Our football club is based on copy and paste..Academies then and then and then...and ten million gone! That is a hell of a lot of copy and paste! Our whole club is based on a youth academy and so every post here should be based on that same principle!

One liners and single paragraphs should be banned on a football forum when its ideas and principles that matter. not what one poster says to disturb the sleep of others....Zzzzzzzzz.
    Last edited by MikeSB; 06-12-2022 at 08:25 PM.

Thing I’ve narrowed it down to:-
    Delusional
    Deranged
    Or the biggest wind up merchant
    Probably be accused of bullying.

Thing I’ve narrowed it down to:-
    Delusional
    Deranged
    Or the biggest wind up merchant
    Probably be accused of bullying.
    Haha, keep it up chaps, asking me to leave or was that a 'demand' to leave. Well that worked didn't it.

Bullying? I could give you reasons for using that term but I may need to provide further education here!

Maybe you are confusing the teams performance? But then I'm not paying 24 quid to get in!

It really is tedious isn't it. Apparently we won the world cup without any coaching. Football is no different from any other sport, like cricket, tennis or golf. Or, dare I say badminton. Coaching at all levels of all sports improves the abilities of naturally gifted players and those not so gifted, it helps them make the most of their limited abilities. We can vocalise about the fortunes of our football team but I am pretty confident that we would be lagging behind if we didn't engage coaches to work with players at all levels. But there is no use knocking when the house is empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    It really is tedious isn't it. Apparently we won the world cup without any coaching. Football is no different from any other sport, like cricket, tennis or golf. Or, dare I say badminton. Coaching at all levels of all sports improves the abilities of naturally gifted players and those not so gifted, it helps them make the most of their limited abilities. We can vocalise about the fortunes of our football team but I am pretty confident that we would be lagging behind if we didn't engage coaches to work with players at all levels. But there is no use knocking when the house is empty.
    If you really knew that I left school at 15 and then by night school and other studies achieved a B.Sc. in Engineering and then becoming a Chartered Engineer and member of a senior engineering institution after obtaining that qualification which was essential afetr getting an HNC and C&G and then becoming a senior manager you would not say anything iike that. From a home of twelve kids, half illiterate, no books and parents not interested at all, all done by me via personal dedication to self achievement it would make your head spin. One of the reasons I stop posting here is the personal insults I got but sod that. I will reply in kind.

To me its not tedious because I played football from I don't know aged 5 to 26 and never had a lesson in my life but got better with age. I played golf for 50 years to a single figure handicap and bought a few books on various techniques of playing golf but again didn't need any human being to progress. I played football and golf with loads of ol players with almost all of them never having had a lesson and some were scratch golfers and many decent footballers too. I would say a lot better than I see on a Saturday afternoon. Why so? Because of natural ability. People improve with age up to a certain age and then physical fitness takes its toll. The school teacher here confused learning lets say maths with a football lesson....no, it doesn't work like that. Football is instinctive, babies can play it, but can they study algebra and calculus? Maybe one or two can... Academic subjects needs study, football doesn't. You learn the latter by just doing it and getting better with age, practice and competition Yes you can see how others tackle or take a free kick or head a ball but you certainly don't need a million pound academy for mostly amateurs to tell you how. Most of our coaches/managers never played this game at a high level and so try and teach by a stupid coaching manual.

You can argue with me but not with one of the greatest footballers that ever lived ie Jimmy Greaves that said coaching diminishes natural ability and why there wasn't any for most of the last 100 years and now some/most people think academies and coaching is essential. You really cannot have three coaches on the sidelines shouting instructiions to players. It only confuses them. The best players of all sports bever had a lesson and Garry Player said when a coach can play better than him, he will take some notice. Its age, practice and competition that improves ability not coaching. But if most fans as appears have never played this game, then they wlll never know the diference and assume academies teach this game. No it doesn't and never will. We got promotion in the 60's without academies and we got promoted with them and so what? It was always the ability of the players that achieved or not achieved and always will be the case...I see Spain was knocked out the world cup today by a second rate team and all that coaching etc....

Posters here need to debate what they really don't understand...one liners like Zzzzzz. prove ignorance impatience and nothing else... IMO of course...

What's the weather like where you are fellow posters?

What's the weather like where you are fellow posters?
    Clear blue sky (thinking)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast