+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1-0 to the railwaymen

1-0 to the railwaymen

Any alternative thoughts for the match against Newport?

1 - 1 for me tomorrow, with a new goalscorer.

A new goalscorer would be nice! Time for a midfielder to score, maybe.

Noone else willing to commit themselves to a prediction??
    Antipathy low crowd with onset of cold weather. Hope they do something to keep us warmed up.

Antipathy* = anticipate

What an absolutely awful 2nd half!! The most annoying thing about it was the absolute certainty that we were going to concede both goals, one of which had to be Zanzala.
    The midfield seemed to have no ability to control the ball with it pinging away from their feet every time they touched it. Thomas started the season so well but now seems to be one of the main assists to opposition attacks. Zac is not a full back. Just stop playing him there.
    Agyei, once again, disappeared. Sambou, bless him, had a rip-roaring 10 minutes and then flailed about giving away free kicks. He is not football league standard.
    I'm not going to go ballistic. We have the players we have and we have 3 forward players missing long-term. Unfortunately this is going to be a muddle-through season. We can hope for a decent loan deal or two in the window but despite today's tremendous goal Brook will be following King and Leshabela back to their parent clubs.

It sounded terrible on RS...Lots of booing after the final whistle...

One Alex fan who rang RS after the match said the appointment of LB or any other academy coach was not appropriate as they are junior coaches and not managers...and criticised the BoD for its hastiness in appointing LB when they had so many applications but he thought it was because having an outsider would probably have meant sacking LB and AM as their old posts have been filled etc and so it would have meant paying out redundancy money..which they may not have etc

Problem seems to be too much money going to non footballers, academy graduates not good enough and nothing will change until the model is changed. Its also seems to be the way we are losing games. We should remember we are having a job to compete at a league lower than last season which must worry everyone..

The academy system has to be changed asap if we are going to be able to compete at a Professional level. There are too many people refusing to accept it has to, as bottom level of the fourth division seems ridiculous when the academy is costing well over a million pounds per season. I suspect we may have resignations from the BoD if they are having to subsidise it? However, can the club afford the redundancy if we are still paying Dave Artell? That is the problem of employing so many non footballers...It can come home to roost!
    Last edited by MikeSB; 02-12-2022 at 10:59 PM.

Yawn!🥱

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    It sounded terrible on RS...Lots of booing after the final whistle...

One Alex fan who rang RS after the match said the appointment of LB or any other academy coach was not appropriate as they are junior coaches and not managers...and criticised the BoD for its hastiness in appointing LB when they had so many applications but he thought it was because having an outsider would probably have meant sacking LB and AM as their old posts have been filled etc and so it would have meant paying out redundancy money..which they may not have etc

Problem seems to be too much money going to non footballers, academy graduates not good enough and nothing will change until the model is changed. Its also seems to be the way we are losing games. We should remember we are having a job to compete at a league lower than last season which must worry everyone..

The academy system has to be changed asap if we are going to be able to compete at a Professional level. There are too many people refusing to accept it has to, as bottom level of the fourth division seems ridiculous when the academy is costing well over a million pounds per season. I suspect we may have resignations from the BoD if they are having to subsidise it? However, can the club afford the redundancy if we are still paying Dave Artell? That is the problem of employing so many non footballers...It can come home to roost!

Where I do agree with you Mike is that we do seem to have a problem financially and don’t seem to be able to afford a cat 2 academy and a competitive first team and you could also argue an experienced manager, and that is for the board to solve all we can do is try to support Bell and the rag tag collection of players he has at his disposal and hope we can steer clear of relegation this season.

Came away last night feeling as miserable and dejected as I've felt in a long time with the Alex. We are in trouble as I see it and we will be relying on a couple of other teams to be just as dire as us. Another team who were better, fitter, stronger, hungrier, quicker and more determined than us.
    I don't think that we have the resources to turn things around in January unfortunately. I feel really sorry for Lee Bell and I presume that the majority of the booing was directed at the chairman. After saying that he is not exempt, what was Zac Williams doing still on the pitch, and I have seen him have some decent games at left back, everyone could see that he was having a nightmare and struggling, and we had an alternative on the bench. With the possibility of Luke Offord out for a while things won't get any easier either and there must be a reasonable chance he will be off in January with his contract up at the end of the season.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast