+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Germany

Germany

The curvature of the ball. Bye bye Krouts..🤣🤣🤣

I thought you weren't going to be watching Alfie, have you been putting us away and watching on the sly, you little monkey.

Don't mention the "Var" Sinky.🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Don't mention the "Var" Sinky.����
    alf-- I do like that!
    As they say up here "Auf wiedersehen Pet"

Would have been amazing if Japan and Costa Rica had gone through. Mind you, if we really want to gloat, we actually need to win the thing.

The underdogs keep winning, beware Senegal. I liked the German scoreline, they thought it was all over.

I'm off to Munich next week, I won't be talking football!

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    The curvature of the ball. Bye bye Krouts..������
    I've just watched the highlights Alfie, the only possible explanation I can come up for Germany being eliminated on the "curvature of the ball" theory is that rampant, unabated corruption and FIFA are loved up bedfellows.

I’ve been watching football for the past 60 years or more at all sorts of levels like many other posters on here. Last night was the first time I’d ever heard that popular phrase “ curvature” mentioned. I’m still not sure what the actual word means. One thing I do know was that the ball was clearly over the line by at least 12 inches. There was clear grass between the ball and the goal-line. Like millions of others ,I could see that ball was out of play,in real motion. I DIDN’T need the use of VAR to make that decision. Some Spain defenders already had their hands up straight away ,protesting the very same. They weren’t trying to get away with anything. It was a natural reaction.
    Corruption with this tournament started 12 years ago when the decision was made by the football hierarchy to award this tournament to the host nation, when Blatter and Platini were caught with their” hands in the till”, on as they say, on Harry Potts Way. Unfortunately, it reared its ugly head again last night. I fear it will not be the last of it. This competition, will be remembered more for the way that FIFA go about their business , and not for the football itself. Due to incidents like this, I am getting more and more disinterested,in the biggest football competition,that the World can produce. VAR was supposed to have improved the game as we know it, not ruin it. I was never in favour of it at the start, I still feel the same way. This incident will be compared in controversial terms with the “ Hand Of God” all those years ago.It’s certainly not the Beautiful Game as we know it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    I’ve been watching football for the past 60 years or more at all sorts of levels like many other posters on here. Last night was the first time I’d ever heard that popular phrase “ curvature” mentioned. I’m still not sure what the actual word means. One thing I do know was that the ball was clearly over the line by at least 12 inches. There was clear grass between the ball and the goal-line. Like millions of others ,I could see that ball was out of play,in real motion. I DIDN’T need the use of VAR to make that decision. Some Spain defenders already had their hands up straight away ,protesting the very same. They weren’t trying to get away with anything. It was a natural reaction.
    Corruption with this tournament started 12 years ago when the decision was made by the football hierarchy to award this tournament to the host nation, when Blatter and Platini were caught with their” hands in the till”, on as they say, on Harry Potts Way. Unfortunately, it reared its ugly head again last night. I fear it will not be the last of it. This competition, will be remembered more for the way that FIFA go about their business , and not for the football itself. Due to incidents like this, I am getting more and more disinterested,in the biggest football competition,that the World can produce. VAR was supposed to have improved the game as we know it, not ruin it. I was never in favour of it at the start, I still feel the same way. This incident will be compared in controversial terms with the “ Hand Of God” all those years ago.It’s certainly not the Beautiful Game as we know it should be.
    The corruption is now going on in biblical terms malwayne. FIFA is rotten to its very core.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)