+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Betting probe

And if gowser has spent any of the winnings on that hair transplant it makes it worse.😆

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I think they are both yellows.

Jersey pull and petulance.

Most footballers bet......it's a no no but it's done.

What shouldn't be done is betting on your own game.

Bookings change game, change managers tactical subs and Bhoy up the other team plus the then constant threat of being sent off.

Being reported it was a 118 k coup .....that would take bets of around 5k I think.

If true it's pretty much unforgivable imho, won't forget the oh so many good things both did for the club but they have both either trashed or at best tarnished ( if you are a lieniant ) liberal there legacy.

There's far worse crimes and they won't be the only footballer who have done, are doing or will do this in future but looks like the have been greedy/stupid enough to be caught.

Sad state of affairs.
    Sad state of affairs indeed. Giving both the benefit of the doubt until there is a result from a court case. Don't see any way they could be unwitting participants but as has been said they both would be targets for a bit of special treatment from Hearts players. Seems to me that maybe the Hearts players involved in the incidents might be worthy of investigation?

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Sad state of affairs indeed. Giving both the benefit of the doubt until there is a result from a court case. Don't see any way they could be unwitting participants but as has been said they both would be targets for a bit of special treatment from Hearts players. Seems to me that maybe the Hearts players involved in the incidents might be worthy of investigation?
    On Griffiths booking I'd be looking at Gollum!

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Did you stand in the centre of the pitch and check whether or not you could see both goals? Or is this another one of your researches based solely on your opinion that have provided a conclusion from which you will never be swayed despite the hard fact that a very experienced referee, who was in fact able to stand in the centre of the pitch and check if he could see the goals, deemed that the game should proceed?

Do you believe that you know the laws of the game better than Willie Collum?
    Sitting in the Main Stand when the fog became dense you could only see the players on the pitch when the ball appeared close to the Main Stand side edge of the pitch.
    Once Hearts scored to make it 1-0 there was no way that Collum was going to abandon the game.
    Here is an interesting thought.
    If Collum had abandoned the game due to the thick fog would the yellow cards issued to Leigh Griffiths and Paul McGowan have been cancelled.
    I do not know the answer to that question but hopefully some of the ‘experts’ on this forum will know the answer.

I just watched footage of the Paul McGowan booking back on another forum. Maybe you should consider seeing a doctor (if you can get n appointment) as there's a distinct possibility you may have cataracts. From the camera situated in the gantry in The SE Enclosure the camera can see right into the back of the Main Stand.
    The fog starting spreading in shortly after half time and after Hearts scored it became a pea souper.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Sitting in the Main Stand when the fog became dense you could only see the players on the pitch when the ball appeared close to the Main Stand side edge of the pitch.
    Once Hearts scored to make it 1-0 there was no way that Collum was going to abandon the game.
    Here is an interesting thought.
    If Collum had abandoned the game due to the thick fog would the yellow cards issued to Leigh Griffiths and Paul McGowan have been cancelled.
    I do not know the answer to that question but hopefully some of the ‘experts’ on this forum will know the answer.
    As previously stated it's not about what you or I can see from the stands it's what can be seen by those actually on the pitch.

I believe the bookings would still count as the referee would have to submit a report whether the game concluded or not. Although a game is abandoned it's still a formal fixture under the auspices of the relevant national association.

As previously stated it's not about what you or I can see from the stands it's what can be seen by those actually on the pitch.

I believe the bookings would still count as the referee would have to submit a report whether the game concluded or not. Although a game is abandoned it's still a formal fixture under the auspices of the relevant national association.
    I knew that you would pick a fault with my post so I should not be surprised that you are defending Willie Collum.
    I can only post what I saw watching the game during the last twenty minutes of the Hearts game on Saturday 18th December 2021.
    The ball suddenly appeared near the Main Stand side touchline with players from both sides also suddenly appearing.
    In my opinion there is no way that the match referee Willie Collum could have stood in the centre circle and been able to see both goalmouths unless he was clairvoyant.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I knew that you would pick a fault with my post so I should not be surprised that you are defending Willie Collum.
    I can only post what I saw watching the game during the last twenty minutes of the Hearts game on Saturday 18th December 2021.
    The ball suddenly appeared near the Main Stand side touchline with players from both sides also suddenly appearing.
    In my opinion there is no way that the match referee Willie Collum could have stood in the centre circle and been able to see both goalmouths unless he was clairvoyant.
    I fully understand that you can only comment on what you saw with your own eyes. However, and not for the first time, it does seem your opinion's completely wrong and if I'm being honest your 'they're all out to get us' outlook is becoming tiresome.

I'm defending Willie Collum on this one for the very simple reason that I have no evidence to suggest he had any cause to abandon the match because I wasn't on the pitch but he was. I also can't remember any players or management commenting afterwards that, in their opinion, the game should have been abandoned.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Both players released without charge

Quote Originally Posted by Deebunked View Post
    Any sensible person, and I understand you struggle with that, reading your reply would think you were telling me the rule.

If you were just giving a rule to show you knew it then help yourself to a
    Seems you have his number as well 😉

If the roads were treacherous outside Dens the game wouldn’t go ahead no matter how good the view from the centre circle was. Fans ARE taken into account.

Game should’ve been stopped.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)