+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ot savings

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Instant access these accounts? I'm not tieing any money up. No way investing money in anything to do with the stock market. Aldermore I'm in instant access best rate of interest I've found.
    Lump sum bonds guaranteed interest rates.

Actually gru you have picked a winner there.

50 k gives £1975 in 12 months. First winner.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Lump sum bonds guaranteed interest rates.
    Bonds aren't accessible until their term has expired. Wife has post office bonds and tried to cash them in but has to wait. Only in extreme personal circumstances, will they consider an early closure on any.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Bonds aren't accessible until their term has expired. Wife has post office bonds and tried to cash them in but has to wait. Only in extreme personal circumstances, will they consider an early closure on any.
    That is the idea Brin. Don't open a bond saver if you can't afford it.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Don't know why they are moaning about mortgage rates going up. Ours when we were struggling hit about 13%
    Was the rate 0.5% when you took it out and then it suddenly rose to 13% which you hadn't budgeted for when you took the mortgage out?

In fairness to recent buyers, many young first timers, the rates were low for many years and came to be seen as a constant with lenders lending accordingly. This is an unprecedented thing for many buyers. If you buy when the rates are high you budget accordingly.

Did she not read T&C

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Was the rate 0.5% when you took it out and then it suddenly rose to 13% which you hadn't budgeted for when you took the mortgage out?

In fairness to recent buyers, many young first timers, the rates were low for many years and came to be seen as a constant with lenders lending accordingly. This is an unprecedented thing for many buyers. If you buy when the rates are high you budget accordingly.
    No 88 7% 90 14%

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post

Raging, not sure how old you are pal but Crash is referring to the awful Thatcher years of the 80's. I recall taking out a 6.5% mortgage that actually rose to 15% under her reign. As it turned out both my Wife and I could actually budget for the eventual disgusting rise where other fell by the way. Could we forsee a 15% interest rate? No and neither could anyone else. I also very much doubt you would have either.

Double in 2 years who could have seen that as a first time buyer.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast