+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ot savings

Ot savings

Please don't let them languish in your bank account. Plenty of offers out there. I'm a safe person. But even Tesco offering nearly 4% interest. So for e. G 35k gives over 25 quid a week. Goes towards energy bills. Be daft not to. And no risk. I was getting 1% at Nat West.
    The figures above are an example.

Got 4.6% fixed for 1 year with a Premier Bond, with Bank of India, £10,000 = £460 interest.
    Regular saver with Halifax, 4.5% but only allowed a maximum £250 a month saving.
    Plus a Santander regular monthly savings.

Yep high Street banks are raking it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Got 4.6% fixed for 1 year with a Premier Bond, with Bank of India, £10,000 = £460 interest.
    Regular saver with Halifax, 4.5% but only allowed a maximum £250 a month saving.
    Plus a Santander regular monthly savings.
    How'd you get 4.6 Eric'slad? Can only see 4.3 as best 1 year fix out there. Am going to do this buut waiting to see if the next BoE review stuffs us again but has knock on effect in bank's raising savings and will then lock in some for a year. Wish I had a good stash though!

I was waiting but if rates go up before money gets in. I get higher rate. If rates come down, I can get my money back.
    Fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    How'd you get 4.6 Eric'slad? Can only see 4.3 as best 1 year fix out there. Am going to do this buut waiting to see if the next BoE review stuffs us again but has knock on effect in bank's raising savings and will then lock in some for a year. Wish I had a good stash though!
    I checked the bank out, also Martin Lewis shoved it as a fixed savings deposit, 4.6% not on offer at the moment,
    with the premier bond, with the Union Bank of India, happy I got mine in at the 4.6%.
    Here's a few on offer.

........... Name .......... Interest % .... Fixed term ...... Interest paid ............ Amount £ .............. Method
    Union Bank of India ---- 4.31% -------- 1 year ---- ..... Maturity ..... ------ £5,000 to £340,000 --- Online

........ Atom Bank ------- 4.35% ------- 1 year ---- Monthly or Maturity ------ £1,000 to £2m -------- Online

2 year fixed term
    ........ First Save -------- 4.7% ---- ---- 2 year --- Monthly, Annual, Maturity -- £1,000 to £250,000 - Online

....... Zenith Bank ------ 4.68% -------- 2 year -------- Maturity ---------------- £1,000 to £2m ------- Online

. Union Bank of India -- 4.65% -------- 2 years ------- Maturity ---------------- £5,000 to £340,000 -- Online

Don't forget the Financial Service Compensation Scheme Savings Protection is £85,000. so don't
    put all your eggs in one basket.
    Not forgetting you are allowed to get £1,000 interest on bank accounts etc, before getting taxed.

Plus my wife has the 5% regular savings account, maximum £500 a month, with Yorkshire Building society,
    who took over Barnsley Building society, to get this you must have a account with the YBS.
    The term is 12 month's.

Same with the Halifax & Santander accounts is 12 months.
    Last edited by Ericsladkilnhurst; 02-12-2022 at 04:08 PM.

Don't know why they are moaning about mortgage rates going up. Ours when we were struggling hit about 13%

Instant access these accounts? I'm not tieing any money up. No way investing money in anything to do with the stock market. Aldermore I'm in instant access best rate of interest I've found.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Instant access these accounts? I'm not tieing any money up. No way investing money in anything to do with the stock market. Aldermore I'm in instant access best rate of interest I've found.
    Go with Crypto - you know it makes sense!

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    I checked the bank out, also Martin Lewis shoved it as a fixed savings deposit, 4.6% not on offer at the moment,
    with the premier bond, with the Union Bank of India, happy I got mine in at the 4.6%.
    Here's a few on offer.

........... Name .......... Interest % .... Fixed term ...... Interest paid ............ Amount £ .............. Method
    Union Bank of India ---- 4.31% -------- 1 year ---- ..... Maturity ..... ------ £5,000 to £340,000 --- Online

........ Atom Bank ------- 4.35% ------- 1 year ---- Monthly or Maturity ------ £1,000 to £2m -------- Online

2 year fixed term
    ........ First Save -------- 4.7% ---- ---- 2 year --- Monthly, Annual, Maturity -- £1,000 to £250,000 - Online

....... Zenith Bank ------ 4.68% -------- 2 year -------- Maturity ---------------- £1,000 to £2m ------- Online

. Union Bank of India -- 4.65% -------- 2 years ------- Maturity ---------------- £5,000 to £340,000 -- Online

Don't forget the Financial Service Compensation Scheme Savings Protection is £85,000. so don't
    put all your eggs in one basket.
    Not forgetting you are allowed to get £1,000 interest on bank accounts etc, before getting taxed.

Plus my wife has the 5% regular savings account, maximum £500 a month, with Yorkshire Building society,
    who took over Barnsley Building society, to get this you must have a account with the YBS.
    The term is 12 month's.

Same with the Halifax & Santander accounts is 12 months.
    ELK, all well and good these interest rates but look who you may be saving with....

Union Bank of India, Atom Bank, First Save and Zenith Bank .....yeh all high street banks...no thanks!

Quite happy to have moved my savings recently from the Coventry (2%) to the Leeds (3.45%), 60 days loss of interest for an early withdrawal. Not as high the those mentioned but I know where it is and it's safe.

I thought I read recently where the HSBC were offering 5% on their savings accounts but there'll be a maximum on that.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast