+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Migrants in hotels.

Migrants in hotels.

In the past month there’s been a large spike in crime in my own local rural area.

This is extremely unusual on my patch, in the five years I’ve lived here stories of break ins etc have been almost non existent to the point where I haven’t bothered locking my shed or my garage.

Some of you will remember that in the past month I found someone had been sleeping inside my classic car inside my garage whilst leaving an electric fan heater on 24/7!

My own stupidity but I digress.

Anyway, to my main point.

I found out this week that the government are housing hundreds of “boat people” at two large and local hotels, one of which is a large one in Kidderminster.

Apparently the crime in those areas and in a radius that includes my own village has spiked dramatically since these people were dumped wholesale in our area.

I have been told the government are paying excellent rates to these hotel owners and have agreed to completely refurbish the whole establishment once these asylum seekers move on.

I’ve seen so many “lost” strangers wandering around in the past two or three weeks including a couple of swarthy hooded blokes who jumped into the bushes when I clocked them yesterday......all very suss but of course they could have been our own lowlife!

This practice of dumping 400 foreigners who are mainly men into such a small area isn’t clever but considering the rewards for the hotel owners there’s no wonder they’re accepting the money.

God knows how we can continue to cope with 500k nett incoming migration though.

We reputedly need to build almost that many new homes per year for the past god knows how long and struggle to build a third of what’s needed.

Where will this all end I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    In the past month there’s been a large spike in crime in my own local rural area.

This is extremely unusual on my patch, in the five years I’ve lived here stories of break ins etc have been almost non existent to the point where I haven’t bothered locking my shed or my garage.

Some of you will remember that in the past month I found someone had been sleeping inside my classic car inside my garage whilst leaving an electric fan heater on 24/7!

My own stupidity but I digress.

Anyway, to my main point.

I found out this week that the government are housing hundreds of “boat people” at two large and local hotels, one of which is a large one in Kidderminster.

Apparently the crime in those areas and in a radius that includes my own village has spiked dramatically since these people were dumped wholesale in our area.

I have been told the government are paying excellent rates to these hotel owners and have agreed to completely refurbish the whole establishment once these asylum seekers move on.

I’ve seen so many “lost” strangers wandering around in the past two or three weeks including a couple of swarthy hooded blokes who jumped into the bushes when I clocked them yesterday......all very suss but of course they could have been our own lowlife!

This practice of dumping 400 foreigners who are mainly men into such a small area isn’t clever but considering the rewards for the hotel owners there’s no wonder they’re accepting the money.

God knows how we can continue to cope with 500k nett incoming migration though.

We reputedly need to build almost that many new homes per year for the past god knows how long and struggle to build a third of what’s needed.

Where will this all end I wonder?

Yes to skilled migrants once processed through Rwanda where the lot should be shipped for processing! I wish some of our elderly could live rent free in nice cozy warm hotels!!?

Yes, a hotel in the centre of Kettering has been filled with migrants, our MP has been bringing the issue up in Parliament, not that it will do any good. Oh, and before Regis agabrands me as a racist, I will say that I sympathise with people trying to find a better life but when the government is paying over £7m a day on housing these migrants in a time fiscal difficulties, I feel for the people in need of social care who are just not receiving the treatment that they deserve and have paid all their lives for. I don’t have an answer to the crisis but something certainly isn’t right.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Yes, a hotel in the centre of Kettering has been filled with migrants, our MP has been bringing the issue up in Parliament, not that it will do any good. Oh, and before Regis agabrands me as a racist, I will say that I sympathise with people trying to find a better life but when the government is paying over £7m a day on housing these migrants in a time fiscal difficulties, I feel for the people in need of social care who are just not receiving the treatment that they deserve and have paid all their lives for. I don’t have an answer to the crisis but something certainly isn’t right.
    My father in law is 93 in three weeks time, not that he’s understood any birthday for 7 years now.

A very hard working man who penny pinched all of his life and who has seen £350k of savings almost cleaned out at £1000 per week for care and who’s family home is going to now be sold off to continue paying for his care.

Meanwhile back on planet Zogg, we continue finding this utter madness for people we owe nothing to in many cases.

It’s honestly gut wrenching to see the old fella being wiped out like this, he’ll have worked his whole life and been ultra careful and end up leaving almost nothing.

My wife is one of two remaining children, the brother died in a car crash at 17 years of age.

My wife’s sister is not very well off at all and lives “hand to mouth”........a bit of inheritance was something very important to her and to see others getting so much support whilst she gets very little is a bitter pill.

Our priorities are all f u c k e d up but I only see this getting worse under Starmer when he gets in.

I just cannot get my head around 500k of nett incoming migration, it’s absolute madness.

I have a very good friend who told me last week he’s “tooling up” at home, he’s bought all sorts of weaponry and is preparing himself because he feels major unrest is on its way.

This guy is a sensible businessman and a really easy going lad but he’s living where I used to live and seeing the social breakdown and the crime and violence in the migrant dumping ground half a mile away.

We are in a really serious situation in my opinion.

You're dead right on social care Mick, dementia seen as a social problem rather than a disease - my father-in-law is a retired accountant, he cared for his wife (Alzheimers) far longer than most would but she's now in a care home that's around £1400 a week. He won a long appeals process to have the lion's share of her care paid for by the state, which surprised me but you'll get f'all unless you try.

I have considered defensive measures myself, I don't think any government will sort out the problems we now have and we don't have capable authorities either to deal with the crime now let alone what's coming.

The system both here in Ireland and UK is not geared to be fair, in my view, from dealing with it on behalf of my Ma.
    She never owed anything to anybody and because of that, she now has to finance her care in her latter years. What is jarring is this, had she spent her money instead of just saving, she would not have had to incur such a big bill for her health care now.
    The amount of people who have told me what she should have done while of sound mind a few years back.
    It irks the fcuk out of me how elderly people are treated across the western world....thrown on a fcuking heap but get what money you can from them while they are still breathing....

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)