+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Starmer - What a Prick!

Starmer - What a Prick!

He says if he becomes PM he will enforce VAT on school fees in private education. What a complete c unt! This would in turn force around 100,000 privately educated kids into the state system at around 10K per kid of tax payers money. Not everyone who sends their kids to private school is loaded, Many scrimp and save and forego holidays so their kids have the best education possible. Many Indian families in corner shops who work 15 hours a day sacrifice luxuries in the hope their kids become doctors etc.

Starmer needs to think before he engages his brain. Many who send their kids to private school could say they should be given a financial payment for not taking up a 10 grand state place. Should those who are forced to go private for operations be penalised too because the NHS waiting lists are appalling?

Starmer is a hypocrite too as he went to Reigate Grammar School just before it became fee paying and it’s known to be one of the best schools in Surrey! So this clown didn’t effectively go to a state school. Talking of state schools it was the s hite Labour government who ditched the state grammar school system! There’s still a state grammar school near us which you have to take an entrance test. Many in the area want it abolished and surprise surprise - it’s those parents with thick kids!! Jealously or what!

This is why Labour are s hite and there’s no credible opposition to a shocking Tory Government!

Tax the super wealthy companies like Amazon who fiddle everything and scrap the Non Dom status! Makes me vomit to think parents pay inheritance tax on equity over 325K and that cow Mrs Sunak will pay zero on her portfolio of luxury properties!
    Last edited by baggieal; 02-12-2022 at 08:06 PM.

I totally agree.

As for opposition parties, I see that Farage’s Reform party is now said to have around 9-10% national support, much of it from ex Tory voters.

Terrible news for Sunak and a massive boost for Starmer.

Prepare yourself, two years from about now this unimpressive turd is going to be our PM.

It wouldn't force all of those kids into state schools Al as those with massive bank balances will pay whatever it takes, I do agree entirely though that this issue should be left alone because of those who scrimp & forego other niceties and indeed save the government a load of money.

The Treasury does not need any more money, it needs to be taken out of the hands of self serving w@nkers that look after their mates.

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    It wouldn't force all of those kids into state schools Al as those with massive bank balances will pay whatever it takes, I do agree entirely though that this issue should be left alone because of those who scrimp & forego other niceties and indeed save the government a load of money.

The Treasury does not need any more money, it needs to be taken out of the hands of self serving w@nkers that look after their mates.

Exactly WCV. Those who are super loaded it wouldn’t make any difference as does the cost of living crisis but it would make a huge difference to those who forego many things to scrimp and save to get the fees! Biggest mistake ever was getting rid of most of the selective state grammar schools! Whether some parents like to hear it or not - kids who are with the same standard of talent thrive as the level and bar are raised! Bit like saying football is for all and that’s correct although kids who can hardly kick a ball don’t get into good squads. Likewise football academies are ruthless in that if a kid does not meet expectation they are let go! Fact of life - if your not good enough your not good enough!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Exactly WCV. Those who are super loaded it wouldn’t make any difference as does the cost of living crisis but it would make a huge difference to those who forego many things to scrimp and save to get the fees! Biggest mistake ever was getting rid of most of the selective state grammar schools! Whether some parents like to hear it or not - kids who are with the same standard of talent thrive as the level and bar are raised! Bit like saying football is for all and that’s correct although kids who can hardly kick a ball don’t get into good squads. Likewise football academies are ruthless in that if a kid does not meet expectation they are let go! Fact of life - if your not good enough your not good enough!
    Private schools are ruthless as well.

I could only afford to send my youngest to a private school and he wasn’t very academic and he wasn’t the easiest of characters to deal with.

During his second year I was forced by them to find a “normal” school to send him to.

I was told be those in the know that they don’t give a toss about the fees, they are all about keeping their exam results % at 99%+.

It’s as rigged as FIFA, they have no interest in moulding kids and creating decent and rounded human beings, it’s all about the “look” of the school and its academic achievements.

They are happy with an upper class, middle class or lower class payer as long as they hit the results.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Private schools are ruthless as well.

I could only afford to send my youngest to a private school and he wasn’t very academic and he wasn’t the easiest of characters to deal with.

During his second year I was forced by them to find a “normal” school to send him to.

I was told be those in the know that they don’t give a toss about the fees, they are all about keeping their exam results % at 99%+.

It’s as rigged as FIFA, they have no interest in moulding kids and creating decent and rounded human beings, it’s all about the “look” of the school and its academic achievements.

They are happy with an upper class, middle class or lower class payer as long as they hit the results.

Not strictly true Mick - highly selective schools will get the results due to very bright kids and yes any school will become more attractive due to its achievements. Many private schools won’t want disruptive kids - kids with learning difficulties etc because it will slow down the classes and it’s not fair on the other kids. Ruthless? Not really when other parents are paying so why should they put up with a kid who is slowing their child down!

Bit like a selective state grammar school ie Ripon - unless the child is bright they won’t pass the entrance exam. Some parents want this school abolished as their view its weakening other schools in the areas by cherry picking the brightest kids. Why should bright kids ( given the opportunity ) be slowed down by kids who are not bright or have learning difficulties? You don’t have kids with learning difficulties or who can’t keep up with the pace in football academies so what’s the difference! I would never by jealous of anyone so can’t understand why anyone else would be. Some kids are just as happy if not happier not having stress and would rather pack shelves as opposed to being a high flyer. I totally get that!

My parents were not super rich and went through very difficult times when business took a downturn or clients went bust on them but they found the money to send me to a private ‘public school’. I certainly didn’t appreciate it at the time because I hated the place but that doesn’t alter the point, they did what they thought best and they had the right to spend their hard earned money how they wished. Penalising the public schools is the politics of envy, raising the standards of state schools should be the agenda.

Is state school public school?

State schools, private schools and public schools - it is a tad bit confusing… 🤔

A Public School is a private, fee paying school, not a state school. Confusing, yes but that’s us English!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)