+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 📺National League streaming to begin this month

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Great for overseas fans, But they don't class Ireland on these sort of things as overseas, yet a completely different Country, if that was the route they are taking. If it's for all to view anywhere, then charge the price of the club that is at home their "normal" match day ticket.
    I will gladly pay it to see Notts more regularly. You could get more away fans that didn't bother going due to weather buying to watch on line so clubs may not lose out much
    The money goes to the National League, then shared out I've been told

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    Don't know the importance of this but the official Wrexham website says
    "To sign-up, ensure you follow the link below from the Wrexham AFC website, rather than visiting directly, and nominate Wrexham AFC as your Club when registering your details."
    Nothing similar on the Notts site about going through the official site - in fact nothing at all (as of 18:10)
    Is it just me or does anyone else think this (my bold type) smacks of some secret side deal for Wrexham? Maybe I'm just cynical about anything the NL does regarding finances but this was pushed for by Wrexham in the first place, so there's that...
    Last edited by SwalePie; 08-12-2022 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    My view is that it's a big mistake, but time will tell
    I agree but we are where we are.

As CamPie says what about the "blackout"?
    I think the club should put an idiots guide up so I can understand.
    The Wrexham site says that their match on Saturday will be broadcast but their FA Trophy match next Saturday will be for International broadcast only.
    Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Is it just me or does anyone else think this (my bold type) smacks of some secret side deal for Wrexham? Maybe I'm just cynical about anything the NL does regarding finances but this was pushed for by Wrexham in the first place, so there's that...
    It’s probably so they can track via cookies which Wrexham fans / devices have registered and that would help in marketing. Going through the NL site wouldn’t give them that. Just a guess - any cookie / marketing experts out there?

Could be a real revenue loss for the smaller clubs. Assuming £20 entry fee and the same to stream a game. If Nott's were to normally take 750 fans to an away game this would generate £15000 for the home club, plus sales of food and beverages. If the game was to be streamed perhaps only 250 fans decide to travel the other 500 stream the match. The home sides gate receipts are reduced to £5000. The streaming money comes to £10000 of which Nott's get £6000 plus a small amount of the shared pot. The home side only get a few hundred out of the shared pot. Since Nott's generally only get a small number of away fans, it would not affect the home income much if some of those fans didn't travel. So it could actually be a financial win for Nott's.

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    I am very confused though about the “blackout” times. Maidenhead v Notts is 3pm Sat, so surely is still under a blackout, therefore will not be available to anyone unless overseas. Do others understand it as that?
    That was my problem. All I wanted was a list of games that could be streamed and by who, but the NL website doesn't give that clarity. I saw it that you had to buy the pass before you can see what you've actually bought!

Quote Originally Posted by salmagundi View Post
    Could be a real revenue loss for the smaller clubs. Assuming £20 entry fee and the same to stream a game. If Nott's were to normally take 750 fans to an away game this would generate £15000 for the home club, plus sales of food and beverages. If the game was to be streamed perhaps only 250 fans decide to travel the other 500 stream the match. The home sides gate receipts are reduced to £5000. The streaming money comes to £10000 of which Nott's get £6000 plus a small amount of the shared pot. The home side only get a few hundred out of the shared pot. Since Nott's generally only get a small number of away fans, it would not affect the home income much if some of those fans didn't travel. So it could actually be a financial win for Nott's.
    The other scenario is that if these games are streamed live to anyone who pays, it could hurt us a lot. Consider this, if four mates go down the Lane and have a couple of pre-match pints they would be paying £25 - 30 each, more if you include transport. If they all go to someone's house and watch the live stream and get their beers from the supermarket it would probably cost £5 - 7.50 each. I hate the thought of 8,000 Notts fans watching the game but only half of them inside the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    The other scenario is that if these games are streamed live to anyone who pays, it could hurt us a lot. Consider this, if four mates go down the Lane and have a couple of pre-match pints they would be paying £25 - 30 each, more if you include transport. If they all go to someone's house and watch the live stream and get their beers from the supermarket it would probably cost £5 - 7.50 each. I hate the thought of 8,000 Notts fans watching the game but only half of them inside the ground.
    This is why I think during the blackout Sat afternoon the games will only be available to overseas fans. I am sure I had read something on that before but cannot find it now and theNL site gives v little clarity. Maybe I’ll ask Notts by email tomorrow.

I don't really see many Notts fans who live locally deciding to stream the game rather than going to see the game live. Perhaps some who live some distance away might decide to stream it instead. But it also likely that these fans might stream more games than they would travel to meaning more revenue for Notts.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    That was my problem. All I wanted was a list of games that could be streamed and by who, but the NL website doesn't give that clarity. I saw it that you had to buy the pass before you can see what you've actually bought!
    Agreed, it really isn't clear and I don't trust the NL as far as I could throw them.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast