+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 📺National League streaming to begin this month

Lets hope the money isn't distributed by the same people that handles the Covid money eh.

Inevitable this would happen due to technological progress, but it could result in unforeseen consequences which may not become apparent until the general attendance boom goes into reverse. I'm surprised we aren't yet seeing the Cost of Living crisis having an effect on bums on seats.

The intended distribution of streaming revenues explained by Ollie Bayliss...

https://twitter.com/Ollie_Bayliss/status/1599304866740207617?s=20&t=Bgbr3i_fTKzxpU_RNSqdhg

His interview with Mark Ives in which it is discussed in more detail, including the rollout plans (among other things)...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0dllrcn
    Last edited by SwalePie; 04-12-2022 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    The intended distribution of streaming revenues explained by Ollie Bayliss...

https://twitter.com/Ollie_Bayliss/status/1599304866740207617?s=20&t=Bgbr3i_fTKzxpU_RNSqdhg

His interview with Mark Ives in which it is discussed in more detail, including the rollout plans (among other things)...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0dllrcn
    Only 60% goes to Notts and that is based on the assumption that a Notts fan signing up has all the correct trackings in place. Affiliate links are notioriously sketchy. 15% to the NL for reinvestment in what exactly? Do 15% of gate receipts get given to the NL for reinvestment now? From a purely Notts perspective 25% to other clubs screws us over. The sooner we are out of this league the better. More questions than answers.

I do wonder how many of the 'thousands' of plastic Wrexham Disney fans in the USA will actually be bothered about streaming games. There is a big difference between following a documentary series, which can be edited favourably to look quite interesting, and watching fifth tier non league football. A far cry from the MLS or World Cup they watch or have watched.
    I think it would be good if there was a way round the black out period, for genuine supporters of clubs, who cannot attend matches on health grounds. This would bring in more revenue for clubs, and enable these type of fans to become closer to the club they would once have watched on a regular basis.

Will Notts game Saturday be available to stream?

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    I do wonder how many of the 'thousands' of plastic Wrexham Disney fans in the USA will actually be bothered about streaming games. There is a big difference between following a documentary series, which can be edited favourably to look quite interesting, and watching fifth tier non league football. A far cry from the MLS or World Cup they watch or have watched.
    I think it would be good if there was a way round the black out period, for genuine supporters of clubs, who cannot attend matches on health grounds. This would bring in more revenue for clubs, and enable these type of fans to become closer to the club they would once have watched on a regular basis.
    Agreed.
    I’m a lover of football but outside of watching Notts, I wouldn’t sit and watch any game of football from league 1 and lower.
    I think Wrexham might have a brief surge of interest but then the majority of ‘fans’ will realise it’s actually pretty dire unless you have a genuine passion for the club.
    I don’t make away games anymore so for me personally it’s a good thing. If Notts were on tv at ML, I would still attend. I hope that’s the same for our passionate away support.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    Agreed.
    I’m a lover of football but outside of watching Notts, I wouldn’t sit and watch any game of football from league 1 and lower.
    I think Wrexham might have a brief surge of interest but then the majority of ‘fans’ will realise it’s actually pretty dire unless you have a genuine passion for the club.
    I don’t make away games anymore so for me personally it’s a good thing. If Notts were on tv at ML, I would still attend. I hope that’s the same for our passionate away support.
    I may purchase the odd game not involving Notts if the result impacted Notts, Wrexham v Chesterfield for example but that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    Will Notts game Saturday be available to stream?
    I was wondering that. They're leaving it a bit late if it is.....

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast