+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 🤔2022/23: Half Term Thoughts?

🤔2022/23: Half Term Thoughts?

Name:  HALF-TERM-640x360.jpg
Views: 1777
Size:  15.0 KB

Half way through the season now in terms of games played and we find ourselves top of the league and on a points per game track for 108 points.

How do we feel? What can improve? Thoughts in general? Predictions for the second half?

Discuss....

P.S. Top of the league at Christmas for the first time in 25 years I think? Jingle bells.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 13-12-2022 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Name:  HALF-TERM-640x360.jpg
Views: 1777
Size:  15.0 KB

Half way through the season now in terms of games played and we find ourselves top of the league and on a points per game track for 108 points.

How do we feel? What can improve? Thoughts in general? Predictions for the second half?

Discuss....

P.S. Top of the league at Christmas for the first time in 25 years I think? Jingle bells.
    We seem to be warming up nicely despite the cold. Hopefully no serious injuries from tonight. Some tough pitches to play on over the winter months and signings by (or from ) ourselves and others might be key. Didn't we once have promotion wrapped up by Easter one season?

I'm delighted. Absolutely delighted. It's wonderful that I'm nervous about losing the top spot instead of vaguely hoping we can struggle through the playoffs this time... or some other time in the coming years.

A few injuries to key players could see us slip to third very easily. This is without doubt the toughest the National league has been in our time here, I reckon.

Obviously I fervently hope we hold on and take that precious automatic spot. But regardless of how the season turns out from here, the first half we just had will be a special memory for a long time.

I'm extremely optimistic about the long term prospects for the club. Clearly the Reedtz brothers' strategy has developed nicely and things are definitely paying off right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    We seem to be warming up nicely despite the cold. Hopefully no serious injuries from tonight. Some tough pitches to play on over the winter months and signings by (or from ) ourselves and others might be key. Didn't we once have promotion wrapped up by Easter one season?
    We did and I believe it was the last time we were top at Christmas. Hope someone can confirm or correct me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jampie View Post
    I'm delighted. Absolutely delighted. It's wonderful that I'm nervous about losing the top spot instead of vaguely hoping we can struggle through the playoffs this time... or some other time in the coming years.

A few injuries to key players could see us slip to third very easily. This is without doubt the toughest the National league has been in our time here, I reckon.

Obviously I fervently hope we hold on and take that precious automatic spot. But regardless of how the season turns out from here, the first half we just had will be a special memory for a long time.

I'm extremely optimistic about the long term prospects for the club. Clearly the Reedtz brothers' strategy has developed nicely and things are definitely paying off right now.
    You're right, since the Reedtz takeover we seem like we're at a whole new level of professionalism behind the scenes from the club we've been following all this time

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    We did and I believe it was the last time we were top at Christmas. Hope someone can confirm or correct me.
    1997/1998 Sam Allardyce, 44pts from 23 games.

We were champions by Easter with four games to play.
    Last edited by Jeekay56; 13-12-2022 at 10:10 PM. Reason: spellung mishtuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post

Nice one!

All bodes well for the second half, a cracking half time team talk and we could just do it by the away game in N Wales. Still think there are points to be dropped, but more by them than us.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post

We can but hope for a similar outcome but I don't think Wrexham will allow us to pull away to create a sufficent gap. Likewise I'd like to think that if we do drop off top at some point we don't panic and have a meltdown and keep pushing Wrexham all the way.

It is the toughest league to get out of but with both ourselves and Wrexham battling it out at the top it makes it even tougher. The reality is that both teams are ready to return to their rightful place back in the football league.

The game against Wrexham away on Easter Monday is going to be huge and could ultimately decide who gets automatic promotion. We beat Wrexham at home so we just need to make sure we don't lose to them.

A long long way to go but like others have said absolutely delighted with the way the club is being run and the results we are getting on the pitch.

54 points out of 69 possible, must try harder.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast