+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The World Cup 2022 so far

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I had decided not to watch this corrupt jamboree, but realised it wouldn't be possible to ignore it, so I abandoned the idea and have watched every game I could, and found it all surprisingly enjoyable, except for the occasions when the VAR monkeys have done their best to ruin a game. What I have dispensed with though is the TV studio debates, before, during and after the games, heard enough after a couple of games, now watch from kick-off to half time, turn the sound down, make a brew and tune back in when the second half starts. As soon as they're back to the studio after a game, off it goes. An added bonus is the missus is a lot happier this way as well, she'll be happier still when it's all over and she can get back to watching Corry, Strictly and Sky Cinema in peace and at the right time.
    Mirror that scenario here mon ami. Mrs BT is very discombobulated because of the constant Eastenders rescheduling. I can hear her growling from my study.

I loved watching the sheer angst on the face of Suarez whist Uruguay were unsuccessfully chasing a third goal.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    France and their two flying wingers will be a bit too much for us even if we get through this Senegal test, I reckon.
    Ye of little faith BT watched Walker have Mbappe in his pocket in champions league - they have to win as well don’t forget, we’re a good side if Gareth allows it , he’s going anyway so why not go out with a bang and have a real go - I honestly believe if we win today we could go all the way - there isn’t a real stand out team among any of them , in fact it’s been a pretty poor World Cup as they go - nothing to fear in my eyes anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Ye of little faith BT watched Walker have Mbappe in his pocket in champions league - they have to win as well don’t forget, we’re a good side if Gareth allows it , he’s going anyway so why not go out with a bang and have a real go - I honestly believe if we win today we could go all the way - there isn’t a real stand out team among any of them , in fact it’s been a pretty poor World Cup as they go - nothing to fear in my eyes anyway.
    Is Southgate going army88? It's news to me. I hope he is going though!

- there isn’t a real stand out team among any of them , in fact it’s been a pretty poor World Cup as they go - nothing to fear in my eyes anyway.
    I agree army, there isn't team there that is anything like unbeatable, all we have to worry about is ourselves, if we play to the standard we're capable of, we could win it. Not that I'm expecting us to mind, but we could.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I agree army, there isn't team there that is anything like unbeatable, all we have to worry about is ourselves, if we play to the standard we're capable of, we could win it. Not that I'm expecting us to mind, but we could.
    Watching now and they’re a one man team France ( I understand why of course ) they’ll maybe find a way yet - however frustration sets in eventually and us Burnley fans have spent many years watching the underdog not have a kick but still win.

Are the bBC secretly France fans

Watching now and they’re a one man team France ( I understand why of course ) they’ll maybe find a way yet - however frustration sets in eventually and us Burnley fans have spent many years watching the underdog not have a kick but still win.
    Can't agree with you on that claim army88. Griezemann, Dembele, Varane and of course the flying Frenchman would walk into the England team, and I like the look of Rabiot too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Can't agree with you on that claim army88. Griezemann, Dembele, Varane and of course the flying Frenchman would walk into the England team, and I like the look of Rabiot too.
    There over rated BT , your as bad as them on tv , if Poland grew a pair , kicked a few and had a go there was something in the game for them.

Dembele has no end product just a quick player in straight lines and Mbappe - anyone who tells the press he’s a superstar is in his own mind , he’ll never emulate a Ronaldo.

It’s poor opposition imo anyway - there not a bad side France but they aren’t as good as these lot are making them out.

The poles are weak in every aspect.

There over rated BT , your as bad as them on tv , if Poland grew a pair , kicked a few and had a go there was something in the game for them.

Dembele has no end product just a quick player in straight lines and Mbappe - anyone who tells the press he’s a superstar is in his own mind , he’ll never emulate a Ronaldo.

It’s poor opposition imo anyway - there not a bad side France but they aren’t as good as these lot are making them out.

The poles are weak in every aspect.
    I cannot imagine the current World Champions are overrated army88, if Benzema was fit FIFA would declare France the winners now and let everyone go home.

What happened before in football BT counts for nothing , so current world champions means zilch you must see something I don’t in them.

I’m not saying they aren’t a reasonable side but they hardly set the world on fire do they - My question would be what about at the other end of the pitch , are they up to it defensively? I’m not sure

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)