+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The World Cup 2022 so far

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Proof, if it were needed, that I definitely have the right idea by watching with the sound turned off. Great songs tonight from James Brown ----I'm all souled out. Oh, I almost forgot ----stonewall penalty and a yellow card.
    No, no Sub, you don't know what you're missing, nowt wrong with a bit of James Brown, but listening to Neville with his deadly serious face on, making an absolute arse of himself was pure comedy gold. People pay good money to see Peter Kay, this lad Neville runs him close.

We watched the Argentina/Croatian game in Kennedy's Irish Bar in Munich last night, there were loads of young Argentinians all kitted out in their shirts.

No bother at all just wild enthusiasm, the Croats rightly were glum but what intrigued me was why so many young Argies are living in Bavaria.

More opportunity, better jobs and an affordable cost of living were the constant replies.

I did not mention the Falklands.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    what intrigued me was why so many young Argies are living in Bavaria.
    You don't think they could be mercenaries mon ami, involved in that Far Right plot to take over Germany do you ? The Argies have a bit of previous in this regard don't they. You've got me worried now, do you think all those military aged Albanians flooding into the UK could be part of a Far Right plot to take over the UK ? The Grauniad is constantly wibbling about the dangers of the Far Right, as are you mon ami. I think you Lefties could be onto something. Argies in Bavaria, Albanians in Skegness, seems a bit iffy to me, wtf is going on ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    You don't think they could be mercenaries mon ami, involved in that Far Right plot to take over Germany do you ? The Argies have a bit of previous in this regard don't they. You've got me worried now, do you think all those military aged Albanians flooding into the UK could be part of a Far Right plot to take over the UK ? The Grauniad is constantly wibbling about the dangers of the Far Right, as are you mon ami. I think you Lefties could be onto something. Argies in Bavaria, Albanians in Skegness, seems a bit iffy to me, wtf is going on ?
    On a serious note sinkov, these young Argentinian kids are making better lives for themselves in Munich. I have been impressed at just how determined they are to improve their education and incomes.

We had our trip's final dinner last night in a rather nice Steakhaus and one waiter was Argentinian and another one Uruguayan. Both raved about the quality of the German beef, their enthusiasm was unbridled. I took the smile off the Argentinian's face though when i said Mbappe and his secret weapon were waiting on Sunday...

Attachment 23043

At least Zaroury got to play in the final match as 64th min sub, it was a pity he didn't do a Wout and get an equalizer but at least he had the honour/experience of playing on the biggest stage in footie, well done the lad.

The good old Beeb strikes again, they really are fecking useless. Zaroury comes on and despite his name being on the caption at the bottom of the screen, Steve Wilson announce the sub as someone else entirely. Eventually he realises his mistake and corrects himself, and then says he's the 2nd Burnley player after Weghorst to play in the Finals, apparently the existence of a Burnley player called Connor Roberts has passed him by completely. Two mistakes and the lad hasn't been on the field more than 30 seconds.

Two minutes to go and Anass picks the ball up on the left wing, puts a centre in and Wilson calls it wrong again, no idea who he said the player was but the name wasn't Zaroury. I suppose all Morrocans might look the same to Wilson, especially at a distance, although working for the BBC he could never admit to that, but I know he was wrong and it actually was our Anass, the clue was the boots. The player centring the ball was wearing orange boots, Anass was the only player in the Moroccan team wearing orange boots

I'm going to miss this World Cup now it's finished, highly entertaining and enjoyable. With the one exception of course, the often lamentable state of the refereeing and the ongoing tragicomic saga of VAR. But the one thing I really won't miss is the utterly pointless lecture tour of the penalty area the refs undertook before every single corner or free-kick just outside the box. This pantomime must have taken up 5/6 minutes in every game and achieved absolutely feck all, the players took not a blind bit of notice. Another FIFA masterpiece, what has football done to deserve being run by these fruitcakes ?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)