+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The World Cup 2022 so far

And then there were 8. Croatia v Brazil, Holland v Argentina, Portugal v Morocco and finally England v France. Brazil you would expect to see off Croatia but the other ties are hard to call. The Dutch have plenty of previous with Argentina in the World Cup. I expect them to go through if they can keep Messi quiet. Morocco have really been the surprise package of the tournament so far but their lack of goal threat may well cost them against a Portugal who have dumped Ronaldo. Vamos com Ramos! Finally I hope England will somehow manage to give France the Blues.

Morocco were incredible against Spain, they played 120 minutes against one of the world's best teams, parked the bus and never looked like conceding a goal. Sean Dyche would have been proud of them, but can they get away with it again ? I'll be amazed if they can, one mistake, one error of judgement, a dodgy refereeing or VAR decision is all it will take, it never happened in two hours against Spain, it's just too much to expect their luck to last another two hours against Portugal, something will go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Morocco were incredible against Spain, they played 120 minutes against one of the world's best teams, parked the bus and never looked like conceding a goal. Sean Dyche would have been proud of them, but can they get away with it again ? I'll be amazed if they can, one mistake, one error of judgement, a dodgy refereeing or VAR decision is all it will take, it never happened in two hours against Spain, it's just too much to expect their luck to last another two hours against Portugal, something will go wrong.
    sinkov, in their 4 matches so far Morocco have averaged 33% possession, the most they had was against Canada with 41%. Only Canada have managed to score against them ---just 1 goal conceded in 4 matches. They must be in with a chance, having fought so well up to now.

The downside of Morocco's success is we won't see Zaroury but I believe QPR have the same problem. A bit ironic when he hasn't even made it off the subs bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    sinkov, in their 4 matches so far Morocco have averaged 33% possession, the most they had was against Canada with 41%. Only Canada have managed to score against them ---just 1 goal conceded in 4 matches. They must be in with a chance, having fought so well up to now.
    I'm not saying they've been lucky Sub, just that they haven't been unlucky. If you play the majority of any game in your own penalty area you're a hostage to fortune. Nothing has gone against them yet, but it surely will sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    And then there were 8. Croatia v Brazil, Holland v Argentina, Portugal v Morocco and finally England v France. Brazil you would expect to see off Croatia but the other ties are hard to call. The Dutch have plenty of previous with Argentina in the World Cup. I expect them to go through if they can keep Messi quiet. Morocco have really been the surprise package of the tournament so far but their lack of goal threat may well cost them against a Portugal who have dumped Ronaldo. Vamos com Ramos! Finally I hope England will somehow manage to give France the Blues.
    Well that was the kiss of death for Brazil and Holland. Can I dispose of Portugal and France now please?

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Can I dispose of Portugal and France now please?
    they're doing an excellent job...disposing of themselves.

Harry Kane you useless cnut,couldn't even hit the target...Anybody but the French,I absolutely loathe them.if I had my way I would flood than chunnel with it full of Frenchies..😁

In the bar I'm currently frequenting a local footy fan exclaimed, "Der Schiedsrichter verlor seinen Blindenhund", which I think translates into the referee lost his blind dog.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Harry Kane you useless cnut,couldn't even hit the target...Anybody but the French,I absolutely loathe them.if I had my way I would flood than chunnel with it full of Frenchies..��
    Some of my best friends are French Alfie, they're very nice people when you get to know them, getting to know them can be a problem though.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)