+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The World Cup 2022 so far

The World Cup 2022 so far

Iran. You ran. He she or it ran. We ran. Ronaldo it was said no longer ran. VK would not sign him. My sinuses are blocked- I probably have Qatar. Wales Baled out. I searched everywhere for VK but could not locate him. Perhaps the BBC have sent him to be a judge in the Camel beauty contest. Mexico waved goodbye and Saudi Arabia finally got the chop but their pain will be eased as FIFA manoeuvres to reward them as hosts for the World Cup in 2030. The Poles avoided being poleaxed and Australia waltz on. Japan have another day in the sun while Germany bow out. The power base of football is being deliberately tilted to the East. Infantino was not jesting when he said that Europe should be apologising for the next 3000 years. Morocco are a breath of fresh air even if our beloved Zaroury has only warmed the bench. Ghana did not quite garner enough points and I could make a Korea out of picking last minute winners. The Swiss will be ones to watch in the Round of 16. The last word however must go to Cameroon who will not join them in the knockout stages but went nuts with joy after beating Brazil.

Senegal are no Wales; I expect Southgate and Company to land at Luton on the Virgin Express sometime on Monday.

I think we can win if Gareth has the balls to play how we should - if he goes defensive and starves the nation of entertainment the. Yea we could be home Monday - in fact I’ve no problem coming home if we don’t leave on a whimper - incidentally if we get past this test we could be a force to be reckoned with.

France and their two flying wingers will be a bit too much for us even if we get through this Senegal test, I reckon.

I've enjoyed watching some of the underdogs puii off good wins with resulting exits of bigger teams. Germany looked good in their last game but the damage was already done. If they go to groups of 6 teams at the next world cup there will be fewer shocks as the better teams will have more games to recover from a surprise defeat. I think the Senegal game could go either way as we still look unsure of ourselves at the back but this may be compensated by a good attacking team though I think Kane has left his golden boots at home.

USA! USA! What went wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    USA! USA! What went wrong?
    The Dutch didn't give them too much respect like we did, if we'd concentrated on attacking we could have won 3-0.

I have not watched the matches on principle, but it is impossible to avoid the results, as well as the debate.

My concern is that Southgate will not set up the team to go and win the game, but rather not to lose it.

Same players but a totally different mindset.

I suspect that Senegal will be the opposite - go out and try to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    I have not watched the matches on principle, but it is impossible to avoid the results, as well as the debate.

My concern is that Southgate will not set up the team to go and win the game, but rather not to lose it.

Same players but a totally different mindset.

I suspect that Senegal will be the opposite - go out and try to win.
    I honestly thought we should have won the last World Cup when we got knocked out by Croatia because of Southgate's caution. This will end the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    I had decided not to watch this corrupt jamboree, but realised it wouldn't be possible to ignore it, so I abandoned the idea and have watched every game I could, and found it all surprisingly enjoyable, except for the occasions when the VAR monkeys have done their best to ruin a game. What I have dispensed with though is the TV studio debates, before, during and after the games, heard enough after a couple of games, now watch from kick-off to half time, turn the sound down, make a brew and tune back in when the second half starts. As soon as they're back to the studio after a game, off it goes. An added bonus is the missus is a lot happier this way as well, she'll be happier still when it's all over and she can get back to watching Corry, Strictly and Sky Cinema in peace and at the right time.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)