+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. Scúnthorpe United 03.12.22 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    Reading through the Wrexham message, their fans are genuinely concerned about how good Notts are.
    I like this one.

Racecourse Spot:
    Twitter: @

Default Re: York 1 Wrexham1
    All comments from York fans I’ve seen on social media state they can’t believe we’re top and we look bang average and Notts are far better than us.

This happens every time we play someone away from home. They’re clearly a much better footballing team who dominate away games but we knew that anyway.

We’re probably relying on a few very good additions in January to tip the scales in our favour and hope that they get a key injury or two as their squad is paper thin

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    It is yes.
    In every season not in that top 5 Notts have lost at least 3 by this stage.

Of the two seasons better than this one, the 49/50 team went into a skid after Christmas (Games 23-25) and lost three on the bounce. 1896/97 lost both games 23 and 24, so it's looking likely that 22/23 will finally hit top spot in the coming weeks.
    The bad news of course is that this season's stats are at non-league level

I've watched this guy's vlogs quite a bit, mainly because it's easy for us to empathize with the pain he's feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    Is that all you can pick out from the highlights of a 4-1 away win?
    Why are you even remotely surprised?!?!

At least it's better than disappearing, Glad2BeAPie can never be accused of doing that.

Stats report now up. I've tried to trick the NCM censor filter!

https://www.nottscountystats.com/pos...horpe-united-a

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    Yeah, easy to forget we have been fortunate with the current owners.
    Finally, we have low-key non-egomaniacs who actually know what they're doing.
    I think it has to do with the current owners having far more cash

As for being non - egomaniacs not a bad thing, but not a deciding factor. A dog can have a large bark, with no bite. Ie an owner that gives the big one, with no cash. or like our current owners hardly any bite, but maybe bite ?

Or an owner like pavis can have a big bark with bite, Our last owner with any financial clout , and he made crazy claims, that he would get us to the top flight, and well ..

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    As for being non - egomaniacs not a bad thing, but not a deciding factor. A dog can have a large bark, with no bite. Ie an owner that gives the big one, with no cash. or like our current owners hardly any bite, but maybe bite ?

Or an owner like pavis can have a big bark with bite, Our last owner with any financial clout , and he made crazy claims, that he would get us to the top flight, and well ..
    On that basis our last owner was a Rottweiler with the bark of a Chihuahua.

And according to a certain pic, the bark wasn't the only thing he had that resembled a Chihuahua.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    I think it has to do with the current owners having far more cash

The only thing is we don’t KNOW that they have far more money. They certainly know how to run a tight ship. As the Wrexham fan quoted above by countygump says about Notts “their squad is paper thin”.
    We obviously don’t want to waste money but the test will come if we suddenly find ourselves with 4 or 5 injuries. Are we able to immediately recall our loan players and even so, would they be good enough?
    Everything is going brilliantly at the moment but I just have this little niggle in the back of my mind.

To the Wrexham fan saying our squad is paper thin, I think you could say the same about theirs if they lost Mullin or Palmer.
    As has been stated by LW, we keep a tight squad to promote harmony and have loan signings targeted, should we get injuries.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 05-12-2022 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Fixed typo

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    To the Wrexham fan saying our squad is paper thin, I think you could say the same about theirs if they lost Mullin or Palmer.
    As has been stated by LW, we keep a tight squad to promote harmony and have loan signings targeted, should we get injuries.
    It’s also a bit of a myth. It’s thinner than most teams numbers wise because we’ve deliberately not got any of those players you sign because maybe they have a bit of potential and they end up making four sub appearances over the season.

In terms of our initial strength in depth, the players just outside the first XI, we’re as strong as anyone, including Wrexham IMO.

Look at who we had to come off the bench on Saturday. Sam Austin, who has been excellent every time he’s played and would start for pretty much anyone in the division without a Rodrigues in the way, and Cedwyn Scott, a striker with a better goals to minutes record than either Palmer or Mullin so far this season. Bajrami, who has had a brilliant season and is clearly going to play at a much higher level, couldn’t even get on the pitch. Nemane and Rawlinson, two very consistent performers all season, weren’t even named in the squad.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast