+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Pele

O/T:- Pele

Sadly receiving palliative care. When folk talk about legends that man is right there.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 03-12-2022 at 02:38 PM.

A genuine giant of the game, if not 'the' giant. I'm sure we all wish him the very best of care.

Very sad news. The ultimate icon of the game. Mr World Cup.

Awful news. I travelled to Sao Paulo for many years and would speak to the Paulista's a lot about football and his main team Santos (my second favourite team). God Bless Pele

Very sad news. Absolute legend

Very sad to hear. What a player and what a man, a great ambassador for football.

As others have said, very sad news. Surely the ultimate football icon. I was only a toddler by the time Pele retired, but obviously I've seen the footage and appreciate the status he has with all football fans, but especially people who remember and loved football in in the 50's 60's and 70s.

In my lifetime watching football there have been three players who transcended everyone and everything else, namely Diego Maradona, Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi. It therefore says something that those who lived through the Pele era often regard him as the best ever, above even those three exceptional talents.

The greatest of all time in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    The greatest of all time in my eyes.
    Yep, respect the GOAT.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    As others have said, very sad news. Surely the ultimate football icon. I was only a toddler by the time Pele retired, but obviously I've seen the footage and appreciate the status he has with all football fans, but especially people who remember and loved football in in the 50's 60's and 70s.

In my lifetime watching football there have been three players who transcended everyone and everything else, namely Diego Maradona, Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi. It therefore says something that those who lived through the Pele era often regard him as the best ever, above even those three exceptional talents.
    If you could pick one of those players in their prime to play for Notts, I'd seriously question anybody's sanity not to pick Maradona, he practically won the World Cup single handedly (be that a pun or otherwise). As a man though and as the star man of the greatest team, Pele is the ultimate face of World football. If we'd had a Great Britain side in 1970 however, there is a chance he might have been upstaged.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast